The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice  (Read 10015 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:36:31 AM »

Greetings,

Welcome to the Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice.  Here at OCFPCC, we archive posts of "good"-to-"excellent" quality which meet standards of freedom, patriotism, and consumer choice set by our curator, Oldiesfreak.  In addition, we also critique and showcase quotes of disastrously progressive anti-freedom, anti-patriotic, anti-consumer choice "bad"-to-"absurd" posts--again set by our curator, Oldiesfreak.

The constitutionally-guided and industry-set bylaws of the center, as endowed by our Creator, are as follows:

• To post here, you must be Oldiesfreak or specially marked "Friend of Oldiesfreak"
  • All posts quoted here are trademarked property of the Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice
  • Any duplication of posts from the OCFPCC marked "good" in the Good Post Gallery, marked "bad" in the Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts, marked "funny" in the Comedy Goldmine, etc., etc. are a violation of OCFPCC patents and rights, and must be deleted or moved to the OCFPCC
  • All Oldiesfreak posts in the aforementioned threads are intellectual property of the OCFPCC and must be deleted or moved to the OCFPCC

Thank you for visiting the OCFPCC.  We hope you've enjoyed your visit.

Come again soon!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:17:49 AM »

Approve.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:25:32 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

I love it when King trolls.  Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

Actually, this is a great idea, considering how much people hate it when I post in the other threads.  Still, I don't see why I can't post there if you guys all can.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »

Let's start off with a good post, followed by an absurd, ignorant, and bad post:
Sure. Haven't you seen the attack ads utilizing old Atlas posts?

Let me tell you folks the story about a man who killed a teenage boy once.  He did it with a gun and there was nobody there to stop him.  He has a history of racism, bigotry, and discrimination and a very well established history of violence.  And not only that, but he got away with it.

Is this George Zimmerman I'm talking about?  No, it's Uncle Sam.  And not only has he done it once, he's done it many times over.

Where's your f***ing outrage over that?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »

You couldn't pay me to vote for that bigot Santorum.

Walt Disney 67%
 You hate Jews
but love mice, ducks, and anthropomorphic dogs which people don't seem to know is actually a dog.
The second one is especially bad considering that Walt Disney was afraid of mice IRL.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »

So in other words the most represented denomination in Whittier is the Seventh-day Adventists, go figure. Tongue Wonder if that makes Oldiesfreak think of us a bit more highly despite how we voted for Al Franken. I'll say this, the Hispanic SDAs at least seem like very friendly people, they even leave their doors open during their services. One Saturday night I was playing Ingress (the church is a key portal in the area) and could hear it, Battle Hymn of the Republic in Spanish.

rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »

Actually, this is a great idea, considering how much people hate it when I post in the other threads.  Still, I don't see why I can't post there if you guys all can.

Those who dislike your contributions are free to put you on ignore, but do not let these spiritual Thurmondites segregate you and your thoughts.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

A bad post with an awesome comeback:

No such thing as a freedom religion. By definition, freedom and religion are opposing forces.

Religion frees us from a lot of things like liberals.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »

Evil extreme bigot, who ironically enough would have been right at home in the second Klan (possibly too extremist for them).  I might add, a rather more pertinent issue in New York City at the time.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

Evil extreme bigot, who ironically enough would have been right at home in the second Klan (possibly too extremist for them).  I might add, a rather more pertinent issue in New York City at the time.

Is this meant to be a good, absurd, or bad post? I ask since it seems to be a post of possible accuracy and certainly nothing I'd got out of my way to call out if it wasn't.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »

Is this meant to be a good, absurd, or bad post? I ask since it seems to be a post of possible accuracy and certainly nothing I'd got out of my way to call out if it wasn't.
Bad.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Springsteen/Springsteen   

Ted Nugent is a declared racist.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2013, 11:40:12 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Perhaps the best post I've seen on here yet:
Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't make me juvenile.

This. The system of oppression the British Empire has been operating under for hundreds of years has gone on long past fashionability. Hopefully one day, loyal patriots in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales can shed the burden of tyranny like we in American did so long ago and join in a union of liberty.
Yes this, the fascist monarchists with their tea time, and vast riches will soon be deposed by the great people of the Isles, and when it happens, the freedom fighters of today and of days past like: Washington, Lincoln, TR, Ron Paul and Jesus will be there smiling, clothed in white robes, basking in the glorious sunlight of victory, for they will know that justice has been served. And the riches will be distributed among the poor, and a drunken feast will last for 1,000 years, and we will all scream the battle hymn of the Republic, and ride off into the eternal sunset.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »

I get discouraged at times, sure. I think my party places too much of an emphasis on ideological purity and as a result, we're the leading contributor to the partisanship today in our nation.

If our leaders actually made an effort to be bi-partisan and if the voters nominated candidates who could win, we would have control of the Senate right now...maybe even the Presidency.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »

Most likely the heat is gone from the enactment of Duty to Starve laws.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »

Here's a deluge of good posts on Bob Byrd:

I don't know if an apology makes up for his Klan involvement or his late in life liberalism. He was clearly senile at the end and if someone didn't see it, then it's because they didn't want to. Robert Byrd was a disgrace as a Klansman, senator, and pork spender.

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

I don't care how many times he "apologized", someone who is as homophobic and racist as him and has used his powers in an attempt to ruin the lives of blacks and gays is beyond redemption in my eyes.

Robert Byrd, like all politicians of yesteryear, was the product of the sins of his country on race and politics.  If a different Senator represented West Virginia, he would have been just as racist and provincial as Robert Byrd.  But looking at Robert Byrd's life, agree or disagree with his positions and policies, he was a great figure in American history. 

But, more importantly, today we need some Senators who are as authentic and passionate as Robert Byrd.  And we need some Senators who can play the fiddle.  Or at least we need some Senators that can play something that well.  How awesome would it be if Barbara Mikulski could belt out a face-melting guitar solo?  Fairly awesome say I. 

You cannot simultaneously laud his authentic genuineness and dismiss his racism, which was extreme even by Southern Democrat standards despite his representing one of the most racially progressive southern states, on the basis of "well anyone from West Virginia would be."  Do you see the logical inconsistency here?*  Of course, it's plain that he was an authentic genuine extreme racist.  Being the local Exalted Cyclops would've been a political liability in 1940s Alabama, much more so West Virginia.  Remember also that this was the guy who as late as the 80s was joining filibusters of MLK Day, and dropping n-words on national television in the 2000s.

*It's also just plain not true, the Senators who served with him, Matt Neely, Jennings Randolph, and Jay Rockefeller were all not racists and in fact among the more actively anti-racist members of the Democratic caucus.

I don't care how many times he "apologized", someone who is as homophobic and racist as him and has used his powers in an attempt to ruin the lives of blacks and gays is beyond redemption in my eyes.
How did he attempt to "ruin" anybodys life?

Voting to make people's lives harder like voting against the Civil Rights Acts? Actions speak louder than words. His words mean nothing after his voting record.

Barack Obama campaigned for Robert Byrd in 2008, just 7 years after using the n-word on Fox News. This just goes to show how much Democrats really care about race. Robert Byrd was a grand dragon who filibustered the Civil Rights bill for 14 hours. Obama is a black guy who apparently doesn't really care about race after all. Actions speak louder than words and Obama's actions of campaigning for a Klansman speak volumes. I'm trying to figure out which one I hate more.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »

Here comes the most bigoted, most ridiculous post that I've seen in a while:

BREAKING: Southern Republicans still super racist.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 04:39:46 AM »

It sucks when there's an evidence base doesn't it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 08:18:47 AM »

What in God's green earth are you creative kids with way too much time on your hands going to think of next?  Tongue
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »

But there's not.  Paula Deen is a much more recent figure than Martin Luther King; considering how dismal our education system has become, I doubt many of them even know who Martin Luther King even is.  And consider, also, that Paula Deen grew up in the South in a different time.  That doesn't excuse it, but I'm sure there were plenty of people back then who used the N-word because it was the word they were used to hearing, although it's definitely offensive.  This poll was taken by a Democratic pollster and is obviously trying to prove exactly the point that Leif made. 
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »

But there's not.  Paula Deen is a much more recent figure than Martin Luther King; considering how dismal our education system has become, I doubt many of them even know who Martin Luther King even is.  And consider, also, that Paula Deen grew up in the South in a different time.  That doesn't excuse it, but I'm sure there were plenty of people back then who used the N-word because it was the word they were used to hearing, although it's definitely offensive.  This poll was taken by a Democratic pollster and is obviously trying to prove exactly the point that Leif made. 

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

Excuse me. I don't mean to interject on your turf, but I have a question/comment I'd like to pose. You're willing to bring up Robert Byrd's use of the "N"-word, but seem equally as inclined to give Ms. Deen a pass. Is there something I'm over-looking, or merely some explanation required?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »

Excuse me. I don't mean to interject on your turf, but I have a question/comment I'd like to pose. You're willing to bring up Robert Byrd's use of the "N"-word, but seem equally as inclined to give Ms. Deen a pass. Is there something I'm over-looking, or merely some explanation required?
I don't know of Paula Deen ever exhibiting any sort of racism other than a (most likely casual) use of the N-word.  Robert Byrd, on the other hand, was a member of the Ku Klux Klan and had a long history of racism for most of his life.

And I don't have a problem with you "interjecting on my turf."  Feel free to raise observations if you'd like, just as long as they're respectful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies