Individual health plan costs plummet 50% in NYS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:59:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Individual health plan costs plummet 50% in NYS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Individual health plan costs plummet 50% in NYS  (Read 1204 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I've never met a New Yorker who has bought individual insurance. If you're trying to get a laugh from one of us, just mention that you're considering buying an individual insurance plan while you're living here.

So basically no single people in New York have insurance then?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 02:34:18 AM »

Seems like some sources say 65,000 are expected to sign up. Some say 615,000. Pretty big disparity.

I'm guessing 615k is the correct number given the state population.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 05:34:29 AM »

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/727416/approved-individual-premium-rates-2014.pdf

Has all the rates.  They look pretty high but for sure better than the disastrous rates before.  One should really look at the silver plan because that is what most people who are reasonably healthy should get.  This some interest to me.   I do plan to retire over the next 4-5 years and I plan to structure my investments to capture Obamacare subsidies if not every year at least every other year, mostly to get back my money that I am paying now on our income over $250K.  How much the exchange will charge will be to some extent the the benchmark on how much I "claw back" from Obamacare since the Obamacare subsidies will just be the difference between 9.5% of MAGI and the premium.  The sum of the differences will be added up by me over the years and compared to the extra Obamacare taxes I am paying.  It will be a personal pleasure when the subsidies I receive will exceed the Obamacare taxes I paid adjusted for inflation.  I will then, this time in the future, want to email Obama and say "You cannot tax me, I will just claw it back.  The 1% cannot be taxed, money will find a way."

Money for the sake of it is not the goal of the 99%. To you, at the end of your day, money just means money it seems. For the rest of us, money is just a means to survive and hopefully thrive. See, Obama is not taxing you. We are taxing you. Every poor shlub who cannot afford food, shelter, clothing, and healthcare is taxing you. Do not write a letter to Obama, send your real message by building walls and attempting to secede from society as clearly you do not want to pay for the success we rewarded you by existing on your behalf. I'm sure money will find a way, though, to help you reach out of your little cocoon every time you need something from us.

Don't forget: You owe society, little worm.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 06:00:37 AM »

I'm pretty sure that I've never met a New Yorker who has bought individual insurance. If you're trying to get a laugh from one of us, just mention that you're considering buying an individual insurance plan while you're living here.

So basically no single people in New York have insurance then?

Individual = bought on your own as opposed to received from your employer.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2013, 11:54:56 AM by Torie »

Where is Torie to do his usual concern trolling routine?

How's it hanging this morning px?  Smiley

In other news, I have individual insurance at very favorable rates, subsidized by young people, per California law. It will grow larger under Obamacare if it ever kicks in (well, not for long, because I am rapidly approaching Medicare age Sad ). Thank you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »

No plummeting here.  Sad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies