Jesse Jackson vs Ronald Reagan - 1984 (Worst than Mondale?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:36:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jesse Jackson vs Ronald Reagan - 1984 (Worst than Mondale?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jesse Jackson vs Ronald Reagan - 1984 (Worst than Mondale?)  (Read 8005 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »
« edited: July 17, 2013, 11:14:53 PM by SoIA Superique »

Two Scenarios:

1) Normal Campaigning - Same number of debates.
2) Reagan was caught making a Racist remark about Jesse Jackson.

Discuss with maps...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »

Reagan would STILL win. Even with the racist remark, Reagan would win, because Jesse Jackson is a terrible candidate.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »

Reagan wins 61-39 to 62-37. Jesse Jackson's closest states are MN at about 54-46, Rhode Island around 53-46, Massachusetts would be roughly 53-47, and Illinois around 55-44 both for Reagan.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »

Reagan saying openly racist stuff wouldn't have hurt him.  Heck, the racist stuff he said in real life was an asset to him.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »

Reagan saying openly racist stuff wouldn't have hurt him.  Heck, the racist stuff he said in real life was an asset to him.

What was one racist remark made by Reagan while in office or ever?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:42:53 PM »

http://reaganandracism.blogspot.com
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

Reagan wins 61-39 to 62-37. Jesse Jackson's closest states are MN at about 54-46, Rhode Island around 53-46, Massachusetts would be roughly 53-47, and Illinois around 55-44 both for Reagan.

I have to agree with this map

Professional race baiter Jesse Jackson wins only DC.

Any racist remark about Jackson said by Reagan during the campaign would pale in comparison to all the racist remarks Jackson has made throughout his career.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 07:37:23 PM »

I have to agree with this map

Professional race baiter Jesse Jackson wins only DC.

Any racist remark about Jackson said by Reagan during the campaign would pale in comparison to all the racist remarks Jackson has made throughout his career.

Man I would like to have seen the debate... Smiley
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »

You find this racist?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 01:52:26 AM »

You find this racist?

More so than you, but less than you seem to think. I didn't write it
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 08:06:49 PM »

All right, it wasn't explicitly racist.  It was clearly coded.  He gave a speech where he talked about believing in "States' Rights" in Philadelphia, Mississippi, which was still notorious for having been the site where three civil rights workers were brutally murdered by the Klan.  Not to mention the story he made up about the welfare queen on the South Side of Chicago.  Right, he just happened to mention that.  He also opposed making MLK day a holiday.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 08:58:22 PM »

All right, it wasn't explicitly racist.  It was clearly coded.  He gave a speech where he talked about believing in "States' Rights" in Philadelphia, Mississippi, which was still notorious for having been the site where three civil rights workers were brutally murdered by the Klan.  Not to mention the story he made up about the welfare queen on the South Side of Chicago.  Right, he just happened to mention that.  He also opposed making MLK day a holiday.

In the real world those are very common views. There are many people who have made our nation much better than it was at their birth and there is no day for them. I do think MLK day is a good holiday though. As for the civil war site, it's only notorious for what humans attach to it. We're at fault for it because the place itself had no control over what happened there. What I do agree with though is that the south side of Chicago is infested with welfare queens. Hopefully they put their welfare money to use and can afford toilet paper with it. We don't need welfare queens smelling like two month old moldy diarrhea.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

In the real world those are very common views. There are many people who have made our nation much better than it was at their birth and there is no day for them. I do think MLK day is a good holiday though. As for the civil war site, it's only notorious for what humans attach to it. We're at fault for it because the place itself had no control over what happened there. What I do agree with though is that the south side of Chicago is infested with welfare queens. Hopefully they put their welfare money to use and can afford toilet paper with it. We don't need welfare queens smelling like two month old moldy diarrhea.
I can't take you seriously if you're actually going to talk about made-up Chicago welfare queens smelling like diarrhea while simultaneously using "barfbag" as your username. 
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »

What about a Strom Thurmond vs Jesse Jackson 1984? Tongue
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »

Sounds like a good old fashioned RACE!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »

I can't take you seriously if you're actually going to talk about made-up Chicago welfare queens smelling like diarrhea while simultaneously using "barfbag" as your username. 

So I make good points about a civil war site not being responsible for what happened on its ground and you focus on welfare queens smelling like diarrhea and can't get past my name? Why are you so focused on toilet humor and diarrhea as opposed to the real issue which is history being what we learn from it and Democrats turning everything into racism when they have no arguments.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 12:02:59 AM »

So I make good points about a civil war site not being responsible for what happened on its ground and you focus on welfare queens smelling like diarrhea and can't get past my name? Why are you so focused on toilet humor and diarrhea as opposed to the real issue which is history being what we learn from it and Democrats turning everything into racism when they have no arguments.
It wasn't a civil war site.  It was the site of an incident where three civil rights workers got killed, only about 16 years before he gave the speech.  It was the big incident that the town was known for.  If you said, "Philadelphia, Mississippi," to anyone not from that area, those murders were the first thing that came to mind.  And of all places, Reagan chose that town to sing the Southern battle cry of States' Rights.  We who call Reagan a racist (or at least someone who exploited racism for political gain.) have plenty of arguments.  I could've responded easily to your "points," but I didn't consider it worth my time after your made-up stories about welfare queens on the South Side of Chicago.  You're the one who had no argument as to why Reagan's story was true in the first place.  You just said you agreed it was true and started about those "welfare queens" smelling like diarrhea and not using toilet paper, out of nowhere.  Yeah sure, I'm the one who's focused on toilet humor.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »

It wasn't a civil war site.  It was the site of an incident where three civil rights workers got killed, only about 16 years before he gave the speech.  It was the big incident that the town was known for.  If you said, "Philadelphia, Mississippi," to anyone not from that area, those murders were the first thing that came to mind.  And of all places, Reagan chose that town to sing the Southern battle cry of States' Rights.  We who call Reagan a racist (or at least someone who exploited racism for political gain.) have plenty of arguments.  I could've responded easily to your "points," but I didn't consider it worth my time after your made-up stories about welfare queens on the South Side of Chicago.  You're the one who had no argument as to why Reagan's story was true in the first place.  You just said you agreed it was true and started about those "welfare queens" smelling like diarrhea and not using toilet paper, out of nowhere.  Yeah sure, I'm the one who's focused on toilet humor.

States' Rights is a civil right. They go hand in hand.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2013, 09:56:32 PM by Peter the Lefty »

Reagan saying openly racist stuff wouldn't have hurt him.  Heck, the racist stuff he said in real life was an asset to him.

All right, it wasn't explicitly racist.  It was clearly coded.  He gave a speech where he talked about believing in "States' Rights" in Philadelphia, Mississippi, which was still notorious for having been the site where three civil rights workers were brutally murdered by the Klan.  Not to mention the story he made up about the welfare queen on the South Side of Chicago.  Right, he just happened to mention that.  He also opposed making MLK day a holiday.

It wasn't a civil war site.  It was the site of an incident where three civil rights workers got killed, only about 16 years before he gave the speech.  It was the big incident that the town was known for.  If you said, "Philadelphia, Mississippi," to anyone not from that area, those murders were the first thing that came to mind.  And of all places, Reagan chose that town to sing the Southern battle cry of States' Rights.  We who call Reagan a racist (or at least someone who exploited racism for political gain.) have plenty of arguments.  I could've responded easily to your "points," but I didn't consider it worth my time after your made-up stories about welfare queens on the South Side of Chicago.  You're the one who had no argument as to why Reagan's story was true in the first place.  You just said you agreed it was true and started about those "welfare queens" smelling like diarrhea and not using toilet paper, out of nowhere.  Yeah sure, I'm the one who's focused on toilet humor.

States' Rights is a civil right. They go hand in hand.
Yes, but they should not be overblown to the point where they infringe upon other civil rights.  And you're avoiding my point.  It was the battle cry of segregationist diehards during the civil rights movement.  And Reagan repeated it at that same spot where the horrific incident occurred. 
Rocky Rockefeller
Nelson Rockefeller 152
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »

I have a personal dislike for Jesse Jackson in real life so I'd probably vote Reagan.
Rocky Rockefeller
Nelson Rockefeller 152
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

Strom Thurmond at 82 running for president?!
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »

Strom Thurmond at 82 running for president?!

Well he lived to be over 100 so we know he would have lasted for two terms
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »

Heck given Jackson's mouth it most likely would have been him caught making a racist remark.

Does anyone remember the" Hymietown" incident?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »

So did MLK's family.
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

So did MLK's family.

Was that because they weren't sufficiently paid off?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies