If Any Forum Members.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:26:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Any Forum Members.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Any Forum Members....  (Read 1415 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 19, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

Oh goodness...

I'm sure if I ran for an office with any real publicity, someone would take the time to read all my posts here to search for dirt. I've tried to avoid giving out personal information, but you all know too much about me for it to actually stay secret that I post here under any kind of scrutiny like that of a campaign.

This would illustrate why I'd hate politics (and in a lot of ways do hate politics despite being fascinated with it): to really be successful in a run for office, I'd have to go around pretending to be something I'm not in a variety of ways to toe a line and get elected. The whole process is channeling the mind to how best to manipulate people, at least on the national level (not to offend any local pols out there... they're job is a bit different when it comes to PR).

Not to mention things I've said and posted elsewhere over the years that are even more easily tied to me. I simply haven't arranged my political life around attaining office; I've arranged it around some obscure ideals about accurately representing my views and honesty and all that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies