Collabarative Administration...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Collabarative Administration...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Collabarative Administration...  (Read 6372 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Name: Edward Vernon Summers
Party: Republican
Date of Birth: June 2, 1939
State: Kansas
Ideology: Neoconservative

Political Experience
-Deputy National Security Advisor (1981-1982)
-National Security Advisor (1982-1985)
-Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1985-1991)
-United States Secretary of Veterans' Affairs (1991-1993)
-United States Secretary of Homeland Security (2003-2006)
-Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (2006-2009)
-United States Secretary of Defense (2013-present)

Previous Occupations: Four-Star General
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2013, 09:15:34 AM by Jack F Enderman »

How in the hell does the House have a Democratic Speaker presiding over a Republican majority? Tongue

Independent voting, son...

Hamlin was a civil rights leader... there could be Republicans voting across party lines to elect Hamlin speaker. Not common, certainly, but something?

I'll  make him Minority Leader if this is too much.

Oh okay... well look at the bright side, there is still room for someone else to be Speaker of the House Smiley I'm not gonna fill it because

President: George W. Romney R-MI -Scott
Veep; James E. Wilson R-WA -Maxwell
Secretary of State: Frank Hartman R-ME -Spiral
Secretary of Treasury: Daniel G. Ward R-PA -Spiral
Secretary of Interior: Jacob "Jake" Hancock II R-MI -Jack Enderman
Secretary of Defense: Ed Summers R-KS -Spiral
Attorney General
Secretary of Homeland Security
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Jimmy McMillan TRITDH-NY *anybody can be him*
Secretary of Health and Human services
Secretary of Veteran Affairs
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Transportation: William "Buddy" Eubanks R-MS -KRich
Secretary of Commerce: Mitt Romney R-MA *same as McMillan*
Secretary of Agriculture

Rep 1: Jon Bismarck R-MT -Jack Enderman
Rep 2: Marquis J. Worthington III R-FL -Jack Enderman
Rep 3
Rep 4
Rep 5

Sen 1: Rodger Erickson R-CT -Maxwell
Sen 2: Ron P. Jenkins D-AR -Scott
Sen 3:
Sen 4
Sen 5

Speaker of the House:

House Majority Leader: Reginald Hamlin D-IL -Maxwell
House Minority Leader: Ben Keslowski R-TN -Jack Enderman

Senate Pro Tempore:

Senate Majority Leader: F. Forrester "Forest" Church IV D-ID -Scott
Senate Minority Leader:

Note: We don't need the Senate and House Whips do we?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 12:22:42 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2013, 01:22:50 PM by Jack F Enderman »

If anyone was wondering how the heck we would do this: Well, here's the backstory... About a couple of years ago in October 1976 (IRL), an unknown "rouge" US Government Agent (actually a time travelling government agent from late 2012 In Our Timeline) assassinates the Democratic Presidential Nominee Governor Jimmy Carter! So, the nomination obviously falls to Walter Mondale, who wins in a landslide with Representative Mo Udall (D-AZ). Also because he actually intentionally disturbed the timeline, the rest of the world (there world actually) changed... Families (like Hancock's, Jenkins', Church's,) grew, and/or were made (I assume Forrest Church is a descendant of Benjamin Church?) some were even disappeared (Clinton (except Hillary didn't disappear), McCain) Some even added a few members to their family (Kennedy, Bush, Paul (Rand's brother Ronnie and Robert are the mayor of Dallas and Senator of Texas, respectively), Reagan (Michael Reagan had a son, Ronald "Ron" Reagan III).... Not only that, deaths that occured IRL, didn't in this timeline! (Elvis (He did die in 1, John-John Kennedy (he became SoS for Obama), Michael Jackson (still the King of Pop), RFK (SoS for Mondale), MLK (became a Representative of Alabama),

so here's the list of presidents from '76 to now! Enjoy! Smiley

39. Walter Mondale D-MN 1977-1981

40. Ronald Reagan R-CA 1981-1989

41. Gerry Brown D-CA 1989-1997

42. Al Gore D-TN 1997-2001

43. Ron Paul R-TX 2001-2009

44. Barack Obama D-IL 2009-2013

45. George W. Romney R-MI 2013-Present

2012 Electoral Map:

Governor George W. Romney R-MI/Senator James E. Wilson R-WA 277 EVS

President Barack Obama D-IL/VP Andrew Cuomo D-NY 261 EVS
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »

Paul (Rand had a brother in this timeline)

He has two in real life.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »

Forest Church is the son of Frank Church, a former Idaho senator.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »

Really? Who are they?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »

So does the President introduce his agenda or what?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2013, 06:58:24 PM by Jack F Enderman »

So does the President introduce his agenda or what?

We still need to fill the Secretary of Homeland Security, Attorney General and the Secretary of HHS and Sec of Energy... Until then Scott can announce his agenda, of now, we can have small conversations! Smiley

Meanwhile at the confirmation and inauguration party in the Governors Mansion in Lansing, Michigan....

January 19th 2013

Secretary nominee Hancock: Thank you Mr Romney, I can't believe that you asked to be Secretary of Interior! The only way to make this déjà vu better is to have me be the Secretary of Treasury... *Looks at Mr Ward* But having Danny Ward there instead was much better *raises his vodka martini to Mr Romney and Mr Ward*

OOC: I pmed Goldwater, Windjammer and Gporter and they said they might join... I still haven't gotten back from JerryAr, Supersonic and ... So I think we have some of the positions covered... Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 05:16:03 PM »

Ward: Well, thank you for that introduction, Mr. Hancock. You know, my intention was to actually retire from politics after my Senate term was up, but I was called into action by my good friend George to serve public office once more for the sake of the country, and this was ultimately an opportunity that I couldn't dismiss. We've been going in a slump for a while, with the economy experiencing very slow growth after taking a hit, and the federal debt reaching new highs every day. It's up to this new administration, with the effort of everyone in the Cabinet, to do its very best in addressing these issues and others for the sake of improving this great nation, but I'm confident that better days are soon ahead for us all.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »

President George Romney: Budget reform is my first legislative priority.  While I oppose proposals to require a balanced budget from Congress, I recognize the importance of putting our efforts toward maintaining our fiscal house.  When I was Governor of Michigan, I inherited a debt of $100 million and turned it around to restore our state's reputation for fiscal responsibility without raising taxes.  We can do the same with our budget, I believe, and we don't have to achieve this goal by ignoring those who need our help.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »

Vice President James Wilson: Mr. President, you have no need to worry about any legislative issues. I have good working relationships with several Democrats who will clearly swing, and I can push them to our side on the budget talks. Obviously, Erickson will probably want some pork, and I'm not sure whether we should given into that hog or not, that's your position, but I don't doubt that he will screw over the party once again.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2013, 09:26:39 PM by Scott »

Senator Ron Jenkins (D-AR)Sad I concur with the President's sentiments.  I will review the budget proposals when they reach my desk, and though I consider myself flexible on these matters, I do not want the middle class to end up paying the bulk of the price tag, no matter how well-intentioned the President's cuts may be.  We still need to maintain a strong safety net and strengthen our programs for the elderly.  With regard to tax reform, I will introduce a bipartisan amendment to close loopholes while lowering rates.  I hope to have the blessing of the administration and House of Representatives for our proposal.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

Senator Roger Erickson (R-CT)Sad Look, I can't sell strong cuts to Connecticut. Those guys are going to kill me. Also, closing tax loopholes increases taxes, and we need to put more money in the hands of job creators. I will vote against the budget proposal hands down if it butchers the tax code and makes it so that unemployment rises. Look, if the wealthy aren't able to have wealth, than the poor won't have jobs either. I believe we need to cut the corporate rate a bit while balancing out some cuts all around in order to create a job enviorment that will make future surpluses viable. It's just not feasible at this moment.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »

Sec Hancock: Mr Jenkins, I think I might have an idea on the elderly assistance reform, if you remember Mr Romney about my Home Retirement AssistanCE Program... The city of Mackinac City worked extremely well with the program, I was wanting to push it through Michigan legislature, but it failed in the State Senate... So, Senator, my thought was to implement the HORACE Program into the national spectrum... The Program has two parts,

1. Insurance should be funded privately by small businesses, churches, both boy and girl scouts, regional little league baseball teams, and anyone else willing to give money...

2. If they are able to, the elderly should select their own caretakers... if they're not, have relatives select their caretakers...

for the elderly, its a great plan, for the President, it is a great way to get Florida into the Republican column

*smirks*
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 08:58:05 PM »

bump...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »

Senator Ron Jenkins (D-AR)Sad Mr. Secretary, please elaborate.  How can the government help people by insuring people through the private sector?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »

OOC: Just out of curiosity, will this game have the midterm and 2016 presidential elections, or does it focus exclusively on Romney's administration?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »

OOC: Just out of curiosity, will this game have the midterm and 2016 presidential elections, or does it focus exclusively on Romney's administration?

All three of them... (I don't know how the midterms would work out, but it probably would... oh and every position that we don't talk about, lets say this about the positions that Sjoyce taught me in his Florida timeline: if we don't talk about it, incumbent holds position....)

(in character)

Secretary Hancock: Ron, remember when Ron Paul was President? Remember when he stopped JerryCare and made it privatized all in a year (2003)? Now granted President Obama did institute ObamaCare, but remember when he actually did make a lot of things better with the Private Sector? Because he handed healthcare to the Private Sector, it has grown so responsible that nearly everything went to the private sector... military funding, law enforcement even though localized, we haven't given so much power in the people's hands, we almost had to restrict it... but then came 2008... When Obama was sworn in, Paulonia moved out *pours more vodka in his glass* and Obamaland moved in... Know about the Government assuring people, we'll just tell a speech about how well the Paul administration did it ten years ago... Now I don't know exactly how they would remember how we can remind the people of the lush forest plains after journeying through the icy and rocky mountain range that we just went through...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2013, 12:46:37 PM by Scott »

Senator Ron Jenkins (D-AR): But you forget, Mr. Secretary.  The people who benefited from all the deregulation and privatization of those programs were mostly those who didn't need our help.  Income inequality worsened.  Now, I voted against most everything the Paul administration sent to the Senate floor that included privatizing our essential services.  You may recall that I did vote for bills that actually cleaned up government and reduced needless bureaucracy, but President Paul's ideas, on the whole, were ones that did not benefit the poor and middle class.  I am sorry to say I must decline to support your bill.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2013, 12:49:50 PM by Scott »

Senator Forrest Church (D-ID)Sad I agree with the gentleman from Arkansas.  However, I am willing to work with the administration to implement positive reforms that crack down on frivolous lawsuits and keep spending under control, provided that we can strengthen our nation's safety net.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »

Secretary HancockYou're right Ron, I do forget a lot... but I didn't favor President Paul either... He neglected our ally Qatar; he didn't support the Jewish Republic's quest for vengeance against Quarain (TTL's Iraq) and Turkey... The only one who did some action was Al Gore and Obama, even then it was negligible... So Senator Jenkins, I agree with you, I didn't like President Paul, now I definitely did like some of his policies... like the GOOOB (Get Out Of Our Business) Initiative, which eliminated the government controlled wage system... And said Dr Paul's medicare plan... Also I did like how he made the Vice Presidency controlling more of internal affairs... Also he deleted the Department of Education... though highly controversial and almost cost Paul the election, it did do some good with the debt problem...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »

OOC: I'm beginning to question the wisdom of playing the president and leader of the opposition party.  Would someone else be interested in playing Romney? Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »

OOC: I'm beginning to question the wisdom of playing the president and leader of the opposition party.  Would someone else be interested in playing Romney? Tongue

I don't really know... I feel like I have enough Republicans for me...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »

If anyone wants to control Romney, feel free to ask.  He's yours. Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »

If you want Hamlin you can... I can take Romney.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies