Cornel West: 'Obama is a global George Zimmerman' with 'no moral authority'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:52:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cornel West: 'Obama is a global George Zimmerman' with 'no moral authority'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cornel West: 'Obama is a global George Zimmerman' with 'no moral authority'  (Read 1566 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 01:55:41 AM »

I, for one, completely agree with West.  And it's sad to see so many formerly anti-war liberals rushing to defend Obama.  Shame on all of you.

bravo!

Yeah you speak so soft
And I'm trying to understand you

Yeah you speak so soft
And I'm trying to understand you

Regardless of of where you stay doesn't mean you're out of mind

Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01:44 AM »

Blah blah blah couldn't you say the same thing about Ayn Rand having "accolades" and "truly intellectual contributions"?

*Looks up this guy some more* Oh look, he semi-defended the Iraq War and is pals with Louis Farrakhan. Not worth listening to.

Really, now? Because all I see comes from Wikipedia, and I quote:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wouldn't you agree that that's just about the size of it? No one wanted Hussein to stay in power, but at the same time, no one but Bush and his lackeys wanted out-and-out war - which is why they sent us there and f**k the consequences.

There is no comparison between West and an apathetic narcissist like Rand, and to suggest that there is - just because he called out your political idol and god for what he is - is frankly disgusting.

OK how about I compare West to his buddy Farrakhan? Being buddy buddy with such a vile bigot is not a minor detail.

Yes I support Obama over Farrakhan. And thus I support Obama over every single person who is friendly with Farrakhan. So in conclusion: West can f**k himself.

For all his many, many flaws, Farrakhan hasn't had any civilians hit with drone strikes, and thank god isn't ever going to be in a position to do so. I think he still has more moral authority than Obama can ever hope to have.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:16 AM »

Why doesn't Zimmerman have any more or less moral authority than the average person?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies