Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:25:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development  (Read 4063 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:57:22 AM »

In light of recent events in Atlasia and proposals by the Senate and the White House I hereby launch a petition to the federal government - a petition for more fiscal responsibility and budgetary discipline.

Atlasia is in a recession caused by the attempted dissolution of the Pacific Region. In order to battle the effects of this crisis and fight unemployment the Senate is debating a Stimulus Act, the costs of which would lead to a budget deficit of $400 billion in this year alone, adding to an already existing debt of around $13 trillion.

While I do not criticize the federal government for trying to find ways of stimulating the economy, I am vehemently opposed to recent bills such as the Basic Income Guarantee, both from an ideological and a fiscal point of view. In fact, the estimated basic costs of this program are $1.5 trillion - per year. According to the White House, taxes will have to be raised for the implementation of this program. Not only are the current federal tax rates already exceptionally high, but a tax hike at this juncture would be fatal for our economy.
Considering Senator TNF's derogatory remarks about wealthy Atlasians - he used the terms "parasites" and "parasitic offspring" to describe the process of inheritance - I am greatly concerned that even more radical proposals will receive serious consideration by the federal government.

In short, this petition is for all Atlasians who are worried about the direction this nation is taking when it comes to its financial and economic development. This is a petition for Atlasian citizens who want to urge the federal government to rethink its stances and take a more moderate and economically sustainable approach to the issues outlined above.

If you share these concerns, I encourage you to sign this petition. It is my goal to gather a substantial number of signatures, which will then be handed over to the White House and the Senate.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »

X ZuWo
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:21:20 AM »

X Goldwater
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »

The Pacific was destroyed by NMAM, it's to rebuild this region... We need to show solidarity with the other regions.
I don't understand your reluctancy, I don't think we would be in the situation of Greece economically.

With TNF's election, with a senate which riks to be divided between 5 Laborites and 5 federalists after the At large senate election, the main focus will be economy. I expect so much fun and activity in the next senate! Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »

The Pacific was destroyed by NMAM, it's to rebuild this region... We need to show solidarity with the other regions.
I don't understand your reluctancy, I don't think we would be in the situation of Greece economically.

With TNF's election, with a senate which riks to be divided between 5 Laborites and 5 federalists after the At large senate election, the main focus will be economy. I expect so much fun and activity in the next senate! Tongue

I count four at present and defeating Polnut or any member of a leftist party in a single At-Large special is by no means a given thing until it happens.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »

I count four at present and defeating Polnut or any member of a leftist party in a single At-Large special is by no means a given thing until it happens.

Well, the Laborites will have 4 At Large senate seats. I don't think the stars will have to align for the Feds to win a seat!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:58:39 AM »

Well, the Laborites will have 4 At Large senate seats. I don't think the stars will have to align for the Feds to win a seat!

In August you mean, who if elected won't be taking office then until September.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:04:48 AM »

In August you mean, who if elected won't be taking office then until September.

Yes! (though I'm not sure Polnut will win). The Laborites will probably have a small advantage 6-4 until September, but I'm not sure Polnut and Napoleon will support all TNF's proposals. The atlasian senate will be really interesting in the coming days!
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 09:06:34 AM »

x Anton Kreitzer
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »

X Lt. Governor and Assistant to the Regional Manager Cath "Dawg" Con (Federalist-Michigan, Mideast)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

The best way to influence policy is to win elections.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »

The best way to influence policy is to win elections.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »

Don't worry, we're planning on doing that too. Wink
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »

The 400 Billion Deficit is temporary and it's going to end when the stimulus ends while the Basic Income Guarantee is being totally reviewed and we are trying to find a bi-partisan path to create it. As shown by President Nix, the BIG Act will end with a lot of welfare programs (bringing savings), it may reduce the minimum wage and it will promote Education and Consumption in Atlasia. The BIG Act may help to reduce the criminal rates in Atlasia, reducing the costs with police force and prison conservation!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »

x poirot
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

Do you really think we're capable of that?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 10:14:42 AM »

Perhaps if y'all ran halfway decent candidates or moderated yourselves to fit Atlasia, you might be able to do it. I mean, you guys do control nearly half the Senate, so I don't think it's an impossibility. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »

Perhaps if y'all ran halfway decent candidates or moderated yourselves to fit Atlasia, you might be able to do it. I mean, you guys do control nearly half the Senate, so I don't think it's an impossibility. Tongue

I know it's in y'all's style not to be super friendly to your Senate opponents, but maybe you forgot where Matt came quite close to the presidency. And hey, bro, sometimes Atlasia just has a death wish, like when they elected Marokai over myself, but who knows?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

x Dereich
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »

I know it's in y'all's style not to be super friendly to your Senate opponents, but maybe you forgot where Matt came quite close to the presidency. And hey, bro, sometimes Atlasia just has a death wish, like when they elected Marokai over myself, but who knows?

Matt came close but he wouldve won if you guys had halfway decent leadership. No offense to Hagrid but the Federalists are the most poorly managed major party I have encountered during my time.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 10:51:42 AM »

x JCL
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

Y'all need to stop saying y'all, it's getting on my nerves.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »

X Spiral
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length