Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 151288 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: August 23, 2013, 06:50:17 PM »

Did he really have 2 burgers for dinner? I wouldn't be surprised.

As I said, just because you've dropped weight doesn't mean you're healthier. You never eat a meal that doesn't involve something horribly unhealthy for you. You'll still have these health problems regardless of whether you're eating 1 burger or 4. You can say your CAD isn't in jeopardy, but you said that would nearly everything else you've quit. My track record is far better than yours.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1251 on: August 23, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »

What if he starts selling vacuums again?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1252 on: August 23, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »

Bushie, you should start a burger counter in Update.  At the end of each week, post approximately how many burgers you ate that week.  How many has it been this week, for example?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1253 on: August 23, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

Yes, I did have hamburgers tonight, but the kind of hamburgers that Dad fixes is so much better than any fast food or restaurant burger.  For one, it is not a giant ball of grease.  Two, they are quite a bit smaller in size than even a McDonald's burger.  Three, they are grilled, not fried.  I'm not ashamed of what I ate tonight.  I'm okay with myself.  I'm starting to recover from my sickness of the last 48 hours, so I'll be just fine come Sunday and especially Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1254 on: August 23, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »

Bushie, you should start a burger counter in Update.  At the end of each week, post approximately how many burgers you ate that week.  How many has it been this week, for example?

It has been 3 this week.  1 Braum's cheeseburger, plus 2 homemade grilled hamburgers.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1255 on: August 23, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »

Red meat isn't good for you in large quantities. I don't care if you grill it or fry it. Of course, you don't care or understand.

Anyway, it's your life. Just don't complain when CAD fails, because it will, and that is because you aren't physically capable of finishing it. In fact, you aren't physically capable of holding down a job with all of your medical issues. Just go on disability and leave it at that. That is the best course for you at this point, I think.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1256 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »

I'd rather die than do that again!  Let's be accurate, though, I never actually sold a single vacuum, I just worked for vacuum selling companies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1257 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »

Red meat isn't good for you in large quantities. I don't care if you grill it or fry it. Of course, you don't care or understand.

Anyway, it's your life. Just don't complain when CAD fails, because it will, and that is because you aren't physically capable of finishing it. In fact, you aren't physically capable of holding down a job with all of your medical issues. Just go on disability and leave it at that. That is the best course for you at this point, I think.

We shall see what happens, won't we!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:30 PM »

What did your instructor have to say about you missing all of these classes already?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1259 on: August 23, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »

What did your instructor have to say about you missing all of these classes already?

He deals with the exact same thing, so he knows what I was going through.  He completely understood and was okay with it.  Since it is self-paced, I control the pace at which I go.  I'll be getting AutoCAD 2014 on my home computer this next week hopefully, so I'll be able to make up some time.  Just in the 3 hours I was there this morning, I was able to do half of LAP 7.  I'll easily be able to finish it Monday, start LAP 8 Tuesday, and start Course 2 by Thursday.  Time wise, I'm just fine.  The only thing I have to watch out for is my attendance has to stay above 86% for the entire school year, so I need to curtail any days off for at least the next 10 days.  I figure that just based on fractions and algebra that I can miss 1 out of every 9 days and be fine.  That's not saying I want to take that day off every 9 days, because 8 days attended out of every 9 days is only 88% which doesn't leave me much wiggle room.  9 days attended out of every 10, of course is 90%.  So, if I can just take care of myself really for the next 2 weeks really, and 3 weeks just to give cushion, I'll be fine.  Out of the first 15 days of class, I have missed 2 full days.  I missed a half day last Friday due to eagerness about closing (dumb move), then I missed a full day on Thursday, and then a half day today equaling 2 full days.  So, 13 divided by 15 is 87%, more accurately 86.667%.  That's why I say I have to make a full 5 day week this next week, because I have no more room right now.  Really, the next time I can miss is the end of the second week of September.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1260 on: August 23, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

The Update has long stopped being suspenseful.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1261 on: August 23, 2013, 07:43:35 PM »

Yikes, you need an 86% attendance rate? Do you or anyone else here actually believe you will hit that? Especially since you're already at 88% with only 9 classes down?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1262 on: August 23, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

Yikes, you need an 86% attendance rate? Do you or anyone else here actually believe you will hit that? Especially since you're already at 88% with only 9 classes down?

What the rest of the forum believes is entirely irrelevant.  We've been in class for 15 days - 3 full weeks.  I have attended 13 days.  I definitely believe with a little discipline and a little tough guy mentality, I can not only achieve 86%, but far exceed 90%.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1263 on: August 23, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »

I like how someone suggests "maybe you should just live off the government for the rest of your life," and Bushie responds with a "maybe I will!"

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1264 on: August 23, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »

I like how someone suggests "maybe you should just live off the government for the rest of your life," and Bushie responds with a "maybe I will!"

The forum doesn't believe me when I say otherwise...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1265 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »

Well, he should.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1266 on: August 23, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »

I desperately want to be proven wrong. I just never am when it comes to The Update... Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1267 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »

Bushie have you ever thought of applying for disability?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1268 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »

I am feeling quite a bit better than I did most of the day today.  My nausea is way down from where it was just 5-6 hours ago.  It is not completely gone, but the supper helped a lot, actually.  My headache was trying to come back a couple hours ago, but I took some Excedrin Migraine and it has kept it at bay.  The headache is sitting at a level 5 right now, so it is clearly a moderate headache, but it is not near what it was 36 hours ago.  I am finishing up the Seahawks and Packers Preseason Game and will be watching the 22:00 news after the game and then may watch one of my Charles Stanley sermons from 22:30-23:30 before going to bed at 00:00.  I have nowhere to go tomorrow so I can sleep in without an alarm.  One more day of doing nothing will really do wonders, I believe.  I'll be more than ready to go back to class on Monday and get back to normal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1269 on: August 23, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »

I desperately want to be proven wrong. I just never am when it comes to The Update... Tongue

Well, give it about 8 months or a little more and you will be proven wrong!  Believe me, I am so ready to get back to normal.  I would have much rather gone to class the past two days and made a lot of progress and saved my attendance.  As you can tell by my previous post, I am improving tonight, so I will have no trouble being ready to get back to normalcy Monday morning at 4:40 am.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: August 23, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

I've thought about it, but I have too much potential I want to tap into before I do that.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1271 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »

Were you paid at all for your work at kirby?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1272 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »

Were you paid at all for your work at kirby?

Not a dime either a Kirby or at Rainbow. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1273 on: August 23, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »

Bushie seems to think that the only variable that goes into being healthy is your weight (and it's not like he's lost that much weight anyway... after three months of his ridiculous non-diet diet he's plateaued at minus 10 or 15 pounds). Doesn't matter how skinny you are, if you eat the amount of red meat, processed foods, and white bread he does, you're going to get sick. We all know his nauseau and headaches would be dramatically reduced if he ate healthier, but he refuses to.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1274 on: August 23, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

What would his disability be?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies