Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 04:02:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155102 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: August 26, 2013, 11:51:53 PM »

What do you put on these tacos?

Also four tacos is a ridiculous amount of food.
Really? I'd say it's a normal lunch or dinner if you are going for 2500-3000 calories which is what an active male of our age should be consuming.
Bushie is the furthest thing in the world from active. He took his dog for a 20 minute stroll and it's the most exercise he's had in months. Mostly he sits in front of a screen all day and naps. 1500 calories a day, ideally in the form of fresh produce, lean meats, and whole grains, would be plenty for his activity level.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1551 on: August 27, 2013, 01:22:10 AM »

Oh, okay.  So Jesus' sacrifice is strong enough to save all those who believe, but not strong enough to save those who don't believe as well?

Why am I wasting my time in this thread?

It is strong enough to save everyone, but each individual has to make the choice to accept His sacrifice or not.  That's where free will comes in.  The Holy Spirit calls them, and its up to the individual to heed the Spirit's call.  God will not force Himself on anyone who doesn't want Him.  That wouldn't be love.

And if they don't, God will throw them in hell for all eternity to prove His love?

God is also a just God.  His standards are holy and perfect and since we all fall short (Romans 3:23) and our sins are violations of God's commandments, our sins deserve the harshest hell there is, even the little white lies (Romans 6:23a).  But, with the blood of Jesus and his gift those who believe are allowed into heaven (Romans 6:23b, 5:Cool.  Because He is also a just God, those who do not accept the payment made on their behalf still have to pay the penalty for violating God's commandments and thus are sadly tossed in hell.  Make no mistake, no one deserves heaven, but God's gift is called grace and by His grace we are allowed in.   The scandal of Christianity is not why good people are sent to hell, but why bad people are allowed into heaven.  It's because of that grace and that free gift that I do good works (or at least try).  Works is not salvation itself, but works is the fruit that results from salvation and is the proof that one has been saved.  James 2:14-26, with a focus on v 17 says that faith without works is dead.  So, while salvation is not determined by your works, it is made evident by your works.  It's kind of hard to explain, because we're trying to comprehend an infinite God with our puny, finite brains.

I have not kept the works near like I should, but Christ's blood covers me and by His grace and His leadership I am changing day by day, little by little to become more like Himself.

You know what you're saying it's stupid?

It's not because you're "religious" you will go to heaven. But you are too narrow minded to understand that (again,...). Scott explained this very well with a quote of Bible.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1552 on: August 27, 2013, 01:27:45 AM »

And , stop thinking God is always behind us. You're not changing, you  continue to be morbidly obese, you continue to be a compulsive liar, you continue to be egoist. If you think you're changing, you're wrong.
I will say it again, you can't say God or Jesus is behind you, you don't know, maybe he simply doesn't care, maybe he has abandoned you, maybe he's behind you. But you can't say it, God or Jesus are never appeared to you I guess?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1553 on: August 27, 2013, 02:15:45 AM »

I don't say this condescendingly, because I'm the farthest thing from perfection, but why does your life need to stop when you have some sort of physical discomfort?

When you don't take care of your body, it's gonna tell you something's wrong. And to keep living this way, you'd better get used to more common, severe discomfort.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1554 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:28 AM »

Weight is sitting at 260.4, an 0.8 lb decrease from yesterday.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1555 on: August 27, 2013, 07:36:42 AM »

BBC - How to be thin.

Basically it says eat pretty much nothing but protein and dairy products.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1556 on: August 27, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2013, 08:08:20 AM by opebo »

Basically, Bushie, you should forget about nonsense like salads, and live upon these things:

1. Eggs boiled or fried in butter (maybe a little bit of lard or bacon, but no pieces of bacon). 3 eggs per day is fine.

2. Cheap lean beef steaks or skinless chicken breasts.  Pork chops would be ok occasionally.  Fry them briefly in the pan with a little butter and lard.  NO hamburger unless it is very lean ground chuck, and even then only occasionally.  Eat about 8-12 ounces of meat per meal.

3. yogurt, milk, and cheese.  Basically unlimited amounts of low-fat yogurt or 2% milk, but only a moderate amount of cheese.  

4. NO carbohydrates - no bread, pasta, nothing like this.  And no sugar.

5. Only a fairly limited amount of fat - you should be getting your fat from your cooking (frying in butter/lard) rather than from the meat itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Try to eat a little bit of green leafy vegetables, but don't stress out about this.  A multivitamin would be ok instead, or even eating a piece of fried liver instead of your fried beef-steak once or twice week - full of vitamins.  For now you need to worry about losing weight, not getting your vitamins.  One good way to get vegetables and keep yourself full is to boil a cabbage soup and eat a little of it after/with each meal of fried eggs and chicken or beef throughout the week.

Finally you should keep a 'Food Diary' - you should write down precisely what you eat, every mouthful.  Read over it several times per day, and at bedtime.  Report it here.  Think about every bite.  No snacks, no sweets, no cheating.  Just three meals per day of eggs, lean meat, and a bit of cheese/yogurt/milk.  (btw, if you are broke substitute beans for the meat, but I doubt you can figure out how to cook beans).

Cabbage Soup:

Steak and Eggs:

Non-Fat Yogurt:

Pan seared Chicken Breast:

Boiled eggs:

Pan fried pork liver:
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1557 on: August 27, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »

Who knew you liked the Atkins diet, opebo?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1558 on: August 27, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »

I don't 'like' it particularly, its just rather obvious.  I'd probably eat almost exactly like that if I had to cook for myself.  I remember when we used to sort of 'camp out' down at the farm (in an air-conditioned 'cabin') we ate pretty much like that.  Just a little bit more bacon than I would recommend to Bushie, and we did allow ourselves sandwiches (he shouldn't eat ANY bread), but then again we weren't fats.

Btw, Bushie, if you're reading this - the cabbage soup is to be eaten in a moderate quantity with your meal to increase fullness.  You can't eat it as a snack or in great quantities as cabbage has a lot of sugars/carbs in it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1559 on: August 27, 2013, 08:23:14 AM »

I don't 'like' it particularly, its just rather obvious.  I'd probably eat almost exactly like that if I had to cook for myself.  I remember when we used to sort of 'camp out' down at the farm (in an air-conditioned 'cabin') we ate pretty much like that.  Just a little bit more bacon than I would recommend to Bushie, and we did allow ourselves sandwiches (he shouldn't eat ANY bread), but then again we weren't fats.

Btw, Bushie, if you're reading this - the cabbage soup is to be eaten in a moderate quantity with your meal to increase fullness.  You can't eat it as a snack or in great quantities as cabbage has a lot of sugars/carbs in it.

With the exception of your sticky rice, most of what you post in the dinner thread seems to consist of meats and veggies and fats.  Of course you get more "excercise" than Bushe does.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1560 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2013, 02:35:07 AM by I Should Live in Salt »

Bushie, what are your thoughts on the impending US led attack on Syria?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1561 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:09 AM »

Bushie, what are your thoughts on the impending US lead attack on Syria?

I think Bushie should ask his parents for their opinions on this one, and then he can report back to us.  I'd also be interested in hearing the thoughts of the deaf girl in his CAD class.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1562 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »

Bushie, what are your thoughts on the impending US lead attack on Syria?

I think Bushie should ask his parents for their opinions on this one, and then he can report back to us.  I'd also be interested in hearing the thoughts of the deaf girl in his CAD class.

it is a sign of the end times obviously.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1563 on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »

So when Bushie isn't having burgers, he's having burger meat in tacos and enchilada casseroles.......damn man.  RIP
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1564 on: August 27, 2013, 10:19:49 AM »

With the exception of your sticky rice, most of what you post in the dinner thread seems to consist of meats and veggies and fats.  Of course you get more "excercise" than Bushe does.

Yeah I'm sure it would be impractical for an poor cook in the wastes of Oklahoma, like Bushie, to get as many varied and delicious vegetables as I do, but that's not really the priority.  

To tell the truth though, I only 'exercise' once or twice a week on average, and its only for about 45 minutes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1565 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »

Sometimes he will grill chicken... but mostly grilled hamburgers, because that's what it means to be an American.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1566 on: August 27, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »

4 soft tacos.  Lol.  Cleaning up the meat.  RIP BUSHIE, RIP CADD, RIP JEFF JUNIOR, RIP KENYA. 

Actually, I didn't clean up the meat.  Dad cleaned it up with his 4th taco.  Still, though, the tacos aren't that much.  The worst part may be the refried beans and the ground beef, but still they are under 200 calories each.  If taco bell is only 175 calories for a soft taco, then homemade is likely a little lower.

Likely?  Didn't you look it up?  Or were you just pulling the 150/taco number out of thin air?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1567 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »

But I'm still disappointed that you won't do my exercise.  I've made you see the light about morbid obesity, why not just humor me and do it?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1568 on: August 27, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »

4 soft tacos.  Lol.  Cleaning up the meat.  RIP BUSHIE, RIP CADD, RIP JEFF JUNIOR, RIP KENYA. 

Actually, I didn't clean up the meat.  Dad cleaned it up with his 4th taco.  Still, though, the tacos aren't that much.  The worst part may be the refried beans and the ground beef, but still they are under 200 calories each.  If taco bell is only 175 calories for a soft taco, then homemade is likely a little lower.

Likely?  Didn't you look it up?  Or were you just pulling the 150/taco number out of thin air?

A flour tortilla by itself is already almost 150 calories. And then add in his "tablespoons" (lol) of probably non-lean meat...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1569 on: August 27, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »

It says that 2 beef soft tacos are 350 cal, presumably without beans. 1/2 cup of beans add 90 cal.  I had 4 tacos (700 cal) + 1 tbsp of beans.  Not sure about the tbsp to cup equivalent.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1570 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

https://www.google.com/#fp=927651d2b2410d8f&q=.5+cup+%3D+tbsp&spell=1
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1571 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »

Jeff, this is a tablespoon... you're telling us all you had was that?  And that means that it was a flat tablespoon.  If you got a tablespoon and scooped out a heaping pile of beans, that's not a "tablespoon".

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1572 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

Stop it with your irritating fact posting, immediately, Inks.  Bushie will have none of it, and neither will we.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1573 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Day 16 is over.  I am finished with Course 1.  I got a 100 on LAP test 8 and an 86 on the final.  Not too shabby.  Course 2 is just elementary Microsoft Office so the instructor has elected to let us skip it unless we think we need it.  I know Office like the back of my hand, so I have started Course 3 "Engineering Principle of CADD".  This figures to take me into early October.  Because I am skipping Course 2, I have gained 9 days off the end.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1574 on: August 27, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »

Skipping an entire unit? Memphis does not approve.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies