From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:13:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012  (Read 1231 times)
Space7
Rookie
Canada

« on: July 25, 2013, 12:59:46 AM »

The 1968 electio gave me a small head ache due to the third party candidacy of the infamously populist and segragationist Alabama Governor George Wallace. He received an absolute majority in 2 states (Mississippi & Alabama), came very close in Louisiana as well (48%) and won the election and thus received all the electoral votes in a total of 5 southern states. He also came close to winning in a number of other states, in particular in Tennessee, the Carolinas and Florida. He was on the ballot in every single state except for Washington D.C., where he wouldn't have won many votes in any case. Hawaii, was his weakest state, where only 1.47% of its voters approved of his provocative messaging. Maine had a similar result.

I presume you used something like this to account for it?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
That's what I used in my State Trend Chart to superimpose the D/R ratio over the non-Democrats and non-Republicans.

In any case, you must have taken a while on these. You could almost start your own website with all this information in it!

That's a weird... coincidence?... for the Clinton primary maps. Any idea what may have caused this? Reminds me of the 2012 mass swing state "0" gravitation. An inexplicable pattern found in trend maps.

Or maybe they both have clear explanations and I'm just missing them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies