From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:38:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From D.C. to Utah - partisan statistics on a state level from 1964 to 2012  (Read 1243 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 26, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
« edited: July 26, 2013, 01:11:54 AM by Fritz »

Okay, I am really confused here.  You lost me in reply #2, wherein there is a Partisan Voting Index, listing 8 states that voted 13 out of 13 elections for the Democrats.  HUH?? WHAT?? There is only one "state" that has voted for the Democrat in all 13 elections since 1964, and that is Washington D.C.  There are 2 states that have voted for the Democrat in 12 of the past 13 elections, and those are Minnesota (voted Republican only in 1972) and Massachusetts (voted Republican only in 1984).

Am I misunderstanding something, or do you not have your facts straight?

Edit: I realize eric82oslo could not have put such time and effort into this, and make such obvious factual errors.  Clearly I am misunderstanding something, if someone could explain it to me I'd appreciate it!

Edit 2: I think I'm understanding now...you are counting a state as "Democratic" if it lands in positions 1-25 in your 51-state ranking for that election (even if the state actually voted Republican).  Got it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies