Why is there so much sympathy for George Zimmerman here?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:19:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why is there so much sympathy for George Zimmerman here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is there so much sympathy for George Zimmerman here?  (Read 2819 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

Look it obvious that whatever you think of the verdict that Zimmerman is not a good person. He's a vigilante who profiled and followed someone for no justifiable reason and has a history of assault. Self defense or not Zimmerman is obviously a piece of sh!t. I bet he hates recreational pot users too, fits with his mentality especially if he thinks wearing a hoodie means someone is trouble. Why do people relate to such a creep?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »

god who cares
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:56 AM »

BRTD, I loathe Zimmerman and everything he represents at least as much as you do, but you're not doing us any favor with these rants.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »

What my bro from Kin-tuck said.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »

Dude, I'm sorry, but you need to stop.  86 people are shot and killed every day in the U.S. alone.  This one case was a tragedy like all others.  There are other things to obsess about.  
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Jesus Christ, BRTD, no one here gives a blue flying f**k except you. We all know Zimmerman is a piece of s**t, but what happened happened, and your impotent raving isn't about to change anything.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »

It's in reaction to the hyperbolic hatred.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »

Jesus Christ, BRTD, no one here gives a blue flying f**k except you. We all know Zimmerman is a piece of s**t

Then what's with the "OMG HE RESCUED A FAMILY!" posts abd people saying you SHOUL confront anyone in your neighborhood you don't recognize?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »

The Democrats want his head on a platter for their next convention. I would say this site has been anything but sympathetic towards him.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:41:11 PM »

So one should not act on their preset prejudices and; despite calls for a more level headed, rational approach, he erred in following through on his preconceived notions?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

Jesus Christ, BRTD, no one here gives a blue flying f**k except you. We all know Zimmerman is a piece of s**t

Then what's with the "OMG HE RESCUED A FAMILY!" posts abd people saying you SHOUL confront anyone in your neighborhood you don't recognize?

Stop just stop. You've brought this on yourself. Half the posts defending Zimmerman are in response to your various threads calling him a wife beater and a child molester. If you are so upset about hearing this sort of stuff perhaps you should try avoiding libel for a few days.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »

If anything, I've seen rather little sympathy for George Zimmerman here, so I can't explain it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »

I haven't noticed the Zimmerman love suffusing this forum. Just because some, like myself, think the evidence was insufficient to convict him of anything beyond a reasonable doubt, does not equate to believing anything other than what he did was very wrong, and his lack of remorse - well, loathsome.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2013, 07:58:45 PM by Torie »

Stop just stop. You've brought this on yourself. Half the posts defending Zimmerman are in response to your various threads calling him a wife beater and a child molester. If you are so upset about hearing this sort of stuff perhaps you should try avoiding libel for a few days.

BRTD's opinions may be way out there (and I find some of his opinions about Zimmerman close to being in the twilight zone), and errant, but they are not libel. Please stop accusing BRTD of that. Thanks.

And BRTD, why do you keep flogging this Zimmerman thing? A couple of the posters above I think have a bit of a point about that.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »

BRTD's opinions may be way out there (and I find some of his opinions about Zimmerman close to being in the twilight zone), and errant, but they are not libel. Please stop accusing BRTD of that. Thanks.

And BRTD, why do you keep flogging this Zimmerman thing? The poster above I think has a bit of a point about that.

Point conceded. Perhaps "posting inflammatory remarks" would have been a better choice of words.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »

How is it not libel Torie?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »

It hasn't been adjudicated as such in a court of law.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »

Look it obvious that whatever you think of the verdict that Zimmerman is not a good person. He's a vigilante who profiled and followed someone for no justifiable reason and has a history of assault. Self defense or not Zimmerman is obviously a piece of sh!t. I bet he hates recreational pot users too, fits with his mentality especially if he thinks wearing a hoodie means someone is trouble. Why do people relate to such a creep?

Dear God just shut up.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »

Voicing your opinion or speculation as to what you think happened, or what the motivation was, is not an erroneous assertion of fact, which is an essential element of the tort of defamation.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »

Do you have any psychological issues?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 04:46:17 PM »

Because just about everyone here is an upper-middle-class white.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 05:54:04 AM »

I'm not necessarily reading that much into him, but I don't have to. He gets no sympathy from me. I personally think he's a murderer who should be behind bars for the rest of his life.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 07:52:49 AM »

Because just about everyone here is an upper-middle-class white.

That's certainly true for 95% of our posters, but not all of us are upper middle class whites, FTR. Some of us are lower middle class or working class whites. Tongue
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »

I don't think much about Zimmerman one way or another. Whatever happened that day is quite unclear.

But it was pretty clear that the whole case was railroaded from the start, because there was a interest from some people's side (Sharpton) to create a narrative about racism in USA up to the 2012 election, so that Black people and bleeding heart middle class White came out and voted. It was a success, but when the election is over, there are no reason to care about the case anymore, and we don't need pretend that this was a case of a member of KKK murdering a 12 year old boy martyr-saint, while the cops cheered him on, anymore either. It was red meat to the democratic base and if it helped making Romney lose, thumphs up.

So get over it.

As for Republicans who see Sharptons racebaiting as evil, let be honest, you people do the same thing, in 2012 the Democrats was just more successful at it.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies