George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck:  (Read 5627 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

Death threats are a lot less than what Trayvon Martin got from this thug.

The only way Zimmerman ever would have received equal punishment is if he got the death penalty. I doubt you're suddenly for that just for political expediency.

(And just by the by, I am not one of the crowd who thinks that this alone makes up for what he did. In most cases, I do believe in redemption, but it takes a lifetime of doing, and rightly so.)

I've said before that I don't support the death penalty, but if I did, I would support it for Zimmerman.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »

Can I just say too that I really hope Family Guy does a bit about Zimmerman? If they do they'll probably portray him as a Klansman or something. Should be hilarious.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 01:29:55 AM »

Can I just say too that I really hope Family Guy does a bit about Zimmerman? If they do they'll probably portray him as a Klansman or something. Should be hilarious.

No. There has not been one instance where Family Guy's "political commentary" has been insightful, witty, or entertaining. It's all insulting tripe, and I'd rather we not have Seth MacFarlane defile another serious issue of the day.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »

No. There has not been one instance where Family Guy's "political commentary" has been insightful, witty, or entertaining. It's all insulting tripe, and I'd rather we not have Seth MacFarlane defile another serious issue of the day.

Not even this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDl_Q5xpZU
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 03:48:55 AM »

Honestly I think it's shameful how many of my fellow left-wingers have reacted to this story. Literally everything from people comparing him to Assad's security forces to people desperately trying to "handwave" the entire incident by suggesting it somehow "never even happened". Jesus don't you people have any nuance or perspective about things? You have this notion in your heads that it is somehow physically impossible for George Zimmerman do do anything good ever, or have anything other then sheer malice in his heart.

You should be personally ashamed of yourselves for saying it's okay for death threats to be delivered on Zimmerman's family because Trayvon is dead.

I'm really offended by people having the stupidity and Gaul to compare the violent beating and savaging of Emit Till to this shady grey situation involving someone defending himself. Was it stupid for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon? Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the law was not broken until Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Fact. I'm sick of watching MSNBC and hearing my fellow liberals advocate practically making it illegal to defend yourself outside of your home in response to this. Stop acting like it's the 1920's where a black kid can be shot 20 times, hanged, and thrown in the river and the death ruled a suicide.

I heard on NPR the other day this guys who said "nothing has changed". ing seriously? That is the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

I'm personally glad the President and others are shifting the conversation away from the case itself so we can finally have a real conversation about the "soft" unconscious racism in America. But foe heaven's sake can we stop trying to project literally everything bad onto George Zimmerman personally.

Why are you assuming Trayvon attacked him? What does that say about you? What does that say about the case? Doesn't your comment basically prove the point many of us have been making that the justice system is inherently biased towards blacks?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 03:49:56 AM »

Honestly I think it's shameful how many of my fellow left-wingers have reacted to this story. Literally everything from people comparing him to Assad's security forces to people desperately trying to "handwave" the entire incident by suggesting it somehow "never even happened". Jesus don't you people have any nuance or perspective about things? You have this notion in your heads that it is somehow physically impossible for George Zimmerman do do anything good ever, or have anything other then sheer malice in his heart.

You should be personally ashamed of yourselves for saying it's okay for death threats to be delivered on Zimmerman's family because Trayvon is dead.

I'm really offended by people having the stupidity and Gaul to compare the violent beating and savaging of Emit Till to this shady grey situation involving someone defending himself. Was it stupid for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon? Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the law was not broken until Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Fact. I'm sick of watching MSNBC and hearing my fellow liberals advocate practically making it illegal to defend yourself outside of your home in response to this. Stop acting like it's the 1920's where a black kid can be shot 20 times, hanged, and thrown in the river and the death ruled a suicide.

I heard on NPR the other day this guys who said "nothing has changed". ing seriously? That is the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

I'm personally glad the President and others are shifting the conversation away from the case itself so we can finally have a real conversation about the "soft" unconscious racism in America. But foe heaven's sake can we stop trying to project literally everything bad onto George Zimmerman personally.

Why are you assuming Trayvon attacked him? What does that say about you? What does that say about the case? Doesn't your comment basically prove the point many of us have been making that the justice system is inherently biased against blacks?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 04:13:53 AM »

Well, this thread went straight to hell.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »

Why are you assuming Trayvon attacked him? What does that say about you? What does that say about the case? Doesn't your comment basically prove the point many of us have been making that the justice system is inherently biased against blacks?

For heaven's sake, even the defense attorney conceded this.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »

For heaven's sake, even the defense attorney conceded this.

What the hell are you talking about? Citation is most certainly needed.

And just to be clear, we are talking about who attacked first. That is the most important fact, not who was getting their ass kicked.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »

The guy has a hero complex. I would not be surpised if it came out that he has a police radio and was looking for an accident to play hero in. I would not be surprised if he is arrested for arson after rescuing people from a burning building.

This is actually the first thing that came to my mind reading the story, too.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »

I totally agree with Sanchez's post. Just saying.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2013, 07:03:52 PM by shua »

if we were talking a Federal Marshal radio, Sanchez might be right, but I'm not sure they discuss accidents.

by the way, it turns out the car was on fire, so it was a good thing he and the other guy showed up.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »

http://ivn.us/penigma/2013/07/25/george-zimmermans-heroic-car-crash-rescue-appears-to-be-a-fraud/
Link
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »

Wow.

The internet rumor/conspiracy machine is working overtime on this one.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://newsball.com/exclusive-pictures-of-the-family-that-george-zimmerman-saved-from-a-burning-car-or-was-it-staged/

Is any of this legit?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »

Hey the suspicions were right!
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 11:26:16 AM by Cory »

Not they Fing weren't. For the love of Christ can you please being stop being a pathetic hack for once god dammit! You are arbitrarily choosing to believe some random "alternative" news site.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

Well I don't arbitrarily follow black kids around my neighborhood that are "suspicious", or call 911 every time I see someone I don't recognize, so I will never provoke anyone like Zimmerman.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2013, 10:28:36 PM »

Well I don't arbitrarily follow black kids around my neighborhood that are "suspicious", or call 911 every time I see someone I don't recognize, so I will never provoke anyone like Zimmerman.

You are trying to dodge. Why are you choosing to believe some random "news" site against the information of several more reliable sources? Because you want to believe this material.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »

And because the entire story was fishy and suspicious to begin with.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »

And because the entire story was fishy and suspicious to begin with.

Again, conformation bias.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2013, 01:14:06 AM »

Were Democrats this infuriated when Gary Condit got away with the disappearance and murder of Chandra Levy?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2013, 02:39:01 AM »

Were Democrats this infuriated when Gary Condit got away with the disappearance and murder of Chandra Levy?

No, because if we are talking about the injustice of a justice system that values some people's lives much lower than others, the effects of racial prejudice are more widespread, serious, and rooted in tragedies of U.S. history than a one-off case involving congressional privilege.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies