Income, education, and Generation Y
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Income, education, and Generation Y
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Income, education, and Generation Y  (Read 2684 times)
MalaspinaGold

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:25 PM »

I really hate it when conservatives whine about the budget deficit.

The deficit for budget year 2009 (which was 1/3rd in the Bush Administration) was $1.4 trillion. That was the highest deficit ever.

Projections are that the deficit will be somewhere between $600-800 billion (depending on whether you look at CBO or Obama Administration data.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/us-budget-surplus_n_3581160.html

In other words, the deficit has shrunk by 50% since 2009. This also does not include a large part of the sequester. Once the sequester comes into full effect, the deficit will be all but gone.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
As you can see on the debt clock, the deficit is continually shrinking at a very fast rate. When I checked this meter about this time last year, it was growing.

There are ample reasons for why there should be a reasonable federal debt. See Hamilton, Alexander. The theory is that if creditors have a substantial stake in a country, they will go to great lengths to keep that country from reverting to bankruptcy, or else the creditors lose their money. The debt does not need to be paid off anytime soon; at most a deficit should be eliminated, and inflation will take care of the rest.

Ever since WWII debt has been a staple part of American economics. Reagan himself tripled the deficit IIRC.

EDIT: I accidentally posted this as a new topic because my account timed out. I don't know if a mod wants to delete it...

Glenn Beck had a debt clock too. If you go by liberal sources then of course you'll get all kinds of great news for Democrats. What else upsets you? Come on we're listening. Let it out buddy. Vent! Vent!
I cited the CBO saying that the deficit will be 670 billion dollars. The U.S. Debt clock is nonpartisan. Who do you cite? Glenn beck!
I think we have a pretty good idea of who the hack is.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »

I really hate it when conservatives whine about the budget deficit.

The deficit for budget year 2009 (which was 1/3rd in the Bush Administration) was $1.4 trillion. That was the highest deficit ever.

Projections are that the deficit will be somewhere between $600-800 billion (depending on whether you look at CBO or Obama Administration data.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/us-budget-surplus_n_3581160.html

In other words, the deficit has shrunk by 50% since 2009. This also does not include a large part of the sequester. Once the sequester comes into full effect, the deficit will be all but gone.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
As you can see on the debt clock, the deficit is continually shrinking at a very fast rate. When I checked this meter about this time last year, it was growing.

There are ample reasons for why there should be a reasonable federal debt. See Hamilton, Alexander. The theory is that if creditors have a substantial stake in a country, they will go to great lengths to keep that country from reverting to bankruptcy, or else the creditors lose their money. The debt does not need to be paid off anytime soon; at most a deficit should be eliminated, and inflation will take care of the rest.

Ever since WWII debt has been a staple part of American economics. Reagan himself tripled the deficit IIRC.

EDIT: I accidentally posted this as a new topic because my account timed out. I don't know if a mod wants to delete it...

Glenn Beck had a debt clock too. If you go by liberal sources then of course you'll get all kinds of great news for Democrats. What else upsets you? Come on we're listening. Let it out buddy. Vent! Vent!
I cited the CBO saying that the deficit will be 670 billion dollars. The U.S. Debt clock is nonpartisan. Who do you cite? Glenn beck!
I think we have a pretty good idea of who the hack is.

I was comparing your numbers with Glenn Beck to say that there's a lot of different numbers out there. What I know is that if you or I were in that much debt, we'd be in a lot more trouble than politicians in D.C. Politicians are paying for their mistakes on the backs of you and me. It's up to us to take over when the government becomes too oppressive like our founding fathers before us.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies