SENATE BILL: The Rehabilitation and Reasonable Penalties Act of 2013 (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:19:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Rehabilitation and Reasonable Penalties Act of 2013 (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Rehabilitation and Reasonable Penalties Act of 2013 (Failed)  (Read 702 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:43:39 AM »
« edited: July 28, 2013, 07:42:31 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: NC Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:55 AM »

last one of these by the way.

Senators have 24 hours to object to suspending the rules and proceeding immediately to a final vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:09:59 AM »

Seeing no objection the rules are suspended and a final vote is now open. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »

Nay.

I really hope this is the last terrible drug bill we have to vote on. In the future can we just let these die without wasting everyone's time? Senator X/Senator Ben aren't even in the Senate anymore, and had no one grabbed them up for literally no reason, we wouldn't have even had to vote on them, because they'd have just passed away peacefully without sponsors. I really don't understand the logic of putting to rest bills by vote that could have been put to rest two weeks ago by just not taking ownership of them, Senator Yankee.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:35 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 02:58:59 AM by Senator Napoleon »

Nay.

I really hope this is the last terrible drug bill we have to vote on. In the future can we just let these die without wasting everyone's time? Senator X/Senator Ben aren't even in the Senate anymore, and had no one grabbed them up for literally no reason, we wouldn't have even had to vote on them, because they'd have just passed away peacefully without sponsors. I really don't understand the logic of putting to rest bills by vote that could have been put to rest two weeks ago by just not taking ownership of them, Senator Yankee.

Yeah its time to overhaul the Senate rules methinks. All bills from former Senators should be required to be reintroduced by a current Senator. Nay if the quote wasn't going to be counted.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »

Nay
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »

Nay, and a waste of time.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »

Aye
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 02:44:49 AM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 06:14:54 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 06:18:23 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Nay.

Voice, I give them a chance to get their ideas heard. I introduce legislation by request from constituents, regardless of whether or not I support it. I extend the same courtesy to former members, who worked hard and deserve a shot at the floor. We have 8 other bills being debate simultaneously to these. These have have used just one slot (two if you count that Amendment, which can't go into Slot 5).

If your computer fried, or a relative got sick and you had to resign on short notice, I would happily do the same for your.

Nay.

Yeah its time to overhaul the Senate rules methinks. All bills from former Senators should be required to be reintroduced by a current Senator. Nay if the quote wasn't going to be counted.

The problem isn't the Senate rules. The problem is the members vote too slowly. I could have had all these out in three days or less had people voted faster. Still, I put four bills through one slot in three weeks, that is unpredecented.

These are all sponsored by a sitting Senator. Sponsorless bills cannot be on the floor. I mean you can standardize and make onerous the posting notification, which 90% will then mess up (check the LOA rules, I don't think anyone has gotten them right so far) and then you have more problems.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:25 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 06:34:22 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

NAY

This bill has enough votes to fail, Senators have 24 hours to change votes.

Oh look, three days total. OMG what a ing slowdown. Roll Eyes

It took five days for you peopel to vote on my amendment to the education bill. I don't really want to here about it. I can give these people what they deserve very quickly and very efficiently to the extent that you guys follow my instructions and are attentative. I am not going to deny them what they should have had, and that the likely lost, because you guys are so slow.

It has only held up one slot (the other one was also for like three days and has been vacant ever since for emergencies). There are six administration supported bills on the floor right now, we just finished the Stimulus, and six other pieces of legislation from 10 slots, whilst this one slot has processed four bills over that same time. I think we can spare one slot to ensure that everyone can be heard.

This isn't a problem with the rules, this is a problem of stealing from them to make up for present deficiencies. And then when I ask all the candidates to take a pledge I get pushback. Its sickening, really.

Okay Maxy, why aren't you paying attention to the Tenure amendment then. If you are so worried about wasting time, why didn't you judge that amendment? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »

Vote on Final Passage of The Rehabilitation and Reasonable Penalties Act of 2013:

Aye (1): TJ in Cleve
Nay (6): Bore, Gass3268, MaxQue, Napoleon, NC Yankee, and TNF
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (2): HagridoftheDeep and sbane

The bill has failed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies