SENATE BILL: Executive Branch Reorganization Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:16:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Executive Branch Reorganization Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Executive Branch Reorganization Act (Law'd)  (Read 2135 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: July 25, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

Question, Mr. President, or Sen. Yankee:

How will communications be regulated without the FCC? As in, media ownership regulation?

The administration would like to preserve a portion of the spectrum for public broadcasting and sell the rest, taxing it as we would real property.

No, no, no. We need control to ban business controlling too much of a market and multiples media trying to broadcast on the same wavelenght.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

Question, Mr. President, or Sen. Yankee:

How will communications be regulated without the FCC? As in, media ownership regulation?

The administration would like to preserve a portion of the spectrum for public broadcasting and sell the rest, taxing it as we would real property.

Would that require some kind of legislative authorization?

Almost certainly. I could do it by executive order but.... some people may not appreciate that. Tongue

Then FCC shouldn't be dissolved, until that. I already stopped the first attempt in my first term (which lead to the bill than Napoleon linked). We still need something to control the spectrum and the ownership laws.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies