Petition for More Fiscal Fairness and Solidaristic Economic Development
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for More Fiscal Fairness and Solidaristic Economic Development
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition for More Fiscal Fairness and Solidaristic Economic Development  (Read 509 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »

In light of recent events in Atlasia and proposals by the Senate and the White House I hereby launch a petition to the federal government - a petition for more fiscal fairness and budgetary generosity.

Atlasia is in a recession caused by the attempted dissolution of the Pacific Region. In order to battle the effects of this crisis and fight unemployment the Senate is debating a Stimulus Act, the costs of which would only lead to a budget deficit of $400 billion in this year, a price that the wealthiest Atlasians should bear in full.

While I do not criticize the federal government for trying to find ways of stimulating the economy, I am opposed to recent amendments to bills such as the Basic Income Guarantee, both from an ideological and a fiscal point of view. In fact, the amendment offered by Senator TJ would essentially gut the social safety net and leave a family of five with only around $26,000 in guaranteed income - a path that is, by any measure, dangerous in that we shall quickly see rents, food prices, and the like spiral upward without some government control and regulation in those areas, with sustainable social programs. I am not opposed to a basic income guarantee: far from it. But I want to see this done the right way - we should have a basic income guarantee as an addition to, not a substitute for, our social welfare state. According to the White House, taxes will have to be raised for the implementation of this program. Not only are the current federal tax rates already exceptionally low, but a tax hike at this juncture would be a great boon for our economy, as it will provide for further funds by which economic stimulus may be pursued.

Considering my completely accurate remarks about wealthy Atlasians - using the terms "parasites" and "parasitic offspring" to describe the process of inheritance - I am yet still concerned that even more radical proposals will not receive serious consideration by the federal government.

In short, this petition is for all Atlasians who are worried about the direction this nation is taking when it comes to its financial and economic development. This is a petition for Atlasian citizens who want to urge the federal government to rethink its stances and take a more radical and solidaristic approach to the issues outlined above.

If you share these concerns, I encourage you to sign this petition. It is my goal to gather a substantial number of signatures, which will then be handed over to the White House and the Senate.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »

X TNF
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »

X Talleyrand

I think some of the language used here is a bit too strong and somewhat too left-wing for my views, but it's far better than the clownish behavior we saw in the other petition.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »

X Politics Junkie[i/]

I think some of the language used here is a bit too strong and somewhat too left-wing for my views, but it's far better than the clownish behavior we saw in the other petition.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »

X Alfred
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

X Adam Griffin
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »

X Gass3268
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 01:13:55 AM »

I do not share the comments about wealthy people, but I agree with the general idea. I concur with Talleyrand and PJ.

X MaxQue.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »

This petition is worthless until you get all of your inactive and barely active friends to sign it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 01:54:07 AM »

This petition is worthless until you get all of your inactive and barely active friends to sign it.

They didn't even ask me for my ZIP code.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:35 AM »

They didn't even ask me for my ZIP code.

Asking for a zIP code would be discrimination for citizens living in Canada (which is now possible due to that wonderful accord). Canada doesn't have Zip codes.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 05:04:17 AM »

The only clownish behavior I saw in that thread was continued desire by some to discourage and oppose attempts to actually play this game and make it interesting. It is almost as if all you guys want to do anymore is shut down and retreat. You cannot fix this game just by restructuting it if we still have this malaise of detachment on the part of the larger Atlasian population, nor will the benefits of any of these policies have tangible benefits since this is game, towards that problem.

What will allow tangible benefits is actually make the debate over them interesting and to the extent that his petition or this petition adds to it then I am all for it damn it. There I am going to sign both, content be damned.

X North Carolina Yankee
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »

X Antonio V (for what it's worth)
Pages: [1]