What are the ideological inconsistencies within the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What are the ideological inconsistencies within the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are the ideological inconsistencies within the Republican Party?  (Read 2823 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 29, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »

Oh we have our logical inconsistencies too. We're pro-life but a lot of Republicans cut programs which help single parents and low income families. I love how much our party preaches about moral values but when it comes to programs to help the poor, the GOP is nowhere to be found. One of our party's selling lines is limited government but it's usually only the case with economics. When it comes to defense we like wiretapping into phone conversations, more law enforcement, and larger defense spending. Limited government my ass. I'm not saying it's bad to support more, government on defense, homeland security, and foreign policy, but it's not consistent with our economic ideology.

What's more important is that ideology shouldn't matter. It's about what solution is best to handle the problem at hand. Just because Republicans support limited government for the economy and larger government for defense doesn't mean there's a fallacy. The Republican Party speaks to my views on the free market and defense which is largely why I'm a member of the Grand Old Party. We are Republicans! We are one!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:33 PM »

Whining about death panels, but wanting to take a hatchet to medicare and social security
Claiming to be pro life, but won't support preventative health care for those who cannot afford it

It depends on what your definition of pro-life is. What the GOP stands for is not allowing one to kill another when innocent. I don't know of a single Republican recently who opposes some limited type of subsidization for the less fortunate when it comes to healthcare. No Republicans want to take a hatchet to social security or Medicare. Obama did hatchet the program though with Obamacare. A more realistic inconsistency you should've proposes would've been Republicans being pro-life but supporting the death penalty.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:51:09 PM »

I'd like everyone from all parties to answer a question. Is ideological consistency as important as doing what's right for people? If Republicans followed through with their ideology then they'd support spending cuts for the sake of the debt and deficits even if it meant reigning in our defense. If Democrats followed through with their ideology, then stop driving cars to help the environment. Does anyone really want a party that's ideologically consistent? Consistencies only lead to extremism.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »

Ideological consistencies lead to extremism. People have to think outside of the box and look at each and every situation at hand. Doing what's right is more important than a consistent ideology. Neither party is at fault for being intentionally inconsistent. We just have different ideas of what's right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies