Can someone please give me a tldr version of...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:56:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can someone please give me a tldr version of...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can someone please give me a tldr version of...  (Read 1516 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »

...everything that's happened in the Bushie saga from right before he went to Kenya to now? I'd like to get caught up again but there's no way I'm gonna spend all the time reading through that. Especially given that half of it is inane crap or Inks being a jerk and such. So, just a summary with all the juicy/funny/important details would be very much appreciated Purple heart
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »

Somebody paid for him to go to Kenya where he deluded himself into believing he was going to adopt these children without even a thought to his own financial security or to how impulsive and irresponsible that might be.

Then he came home, stole a dog, and is again living off of his parents who give him large sums of money so he can gorge himself on food that gives him migraines and will very shortly lead to a diabetes diagnosis.

And then he uses his "indian health care" when he's not actually a Native American and has no ties to the Indian community... which is just offensive.

And NONE of it will have been his fault and he will be very surprised that it happened.

It's a lost cause.  And people get a lot of entertainment out of it because that's what people do:  derive entertainment from other peoples' f**k ups.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »

Somebody paid for him to go to Kenya where he deluded himself into believing he was going to adopt these children without even a thought to his own financial security or to how impulsive and irresponsible that might be.

Then he came home, stole a dog, and is again living off of his parents who give him large sums of money so he can gorge himself on food that gives him migraines and will very shortly lead to a diabetes diagnosis.

And then he uses his "indian health care" when he's not actually a Native American and has no ties to the Indian community... which is just offensive.

And NONE of it will have been his fault and he will be very surprised that it happened.

It's a lost cause.  And people get a lot of entertainment out of it because that's what people do:  derive entertainment from other peoples' f**k ups.

So, essentially, nothing's changed at all? Pretty much what I expected.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

Change?  Change would threaten the status quo.. which for Bushie, is just peachy.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »

You can get on Indian healthcare without really proving your lineage? Interesting. I would do the same.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

Actually, upon reflection, I remember that he also had a Native American license - I found that odd at the time, but didn't think too much of it.

As someone who has more Native-American blood than just about anyone on the forum, I'd be pretty disappointed in Bushie if he was unfairly using this.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »

He's like 1/16 Native American or something.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »

You can get on Indian healthcare without really proving your lineage? Interesting. I would do the same.

Me too.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »

I recall 1/32nd.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »

So is just about every American whose family has been here long enough. Though I'm pretty sure my 1/64th Mohegan lineage is not sufficient to qualify me for health benefits.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »

He applied for 2 retail jobs after which he gave up looking for work. He had a rendezvous with another atlas member and he's eaten a lot of chocolate cake and grilled pizza. He naps a lot. He starts school next week.That's pretty much it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

I mean, what you people have him do? Just not go to the doctor? Forgo healthcare? Go even further into debt paying for his medications? It's not his fault that this country doesn't provide healthcare to poors. He's simply doing what he can to get by.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 09:34:48 AM »

That's about the same percentage of my body that's made of nitrogen...so I should get free cleaning products from now on.

(And yes, Lief, I think Bushie should have access to health care, so if our society makes that too difficult for poors, then by all means.  It's just that the above scenario illustrates how absurd it all has gotten.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »

Don't forget the kid's malaria scare that he really didn't seem too upset about.  His dog will die in the burning OK sun, too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 10:08:23 AM »

The whole kids getting malaria and subsequent abandonment of the Kenya pipe dream has been an arc that has not been explored. I wonder if he found something out he isn't sharing with us that changed his outlook....
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:10 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2013, 03:58:34 PM by opebo »

Its not a gif, but it'll do:

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

Bushie has dropped the Kenya gig?  If so, what fantasies does he have left now to jack off on?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »

I have refrained from reading the Update because I'd like to keep my IQ intact.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »

I think a lot of us like to read the Update because it makes us feel like our IQ is intact by comparison.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 11:53:29 PM »

I mean, what you people have him do? Just not go to the doctor? Forgo healthcare? Go even further into debt paying for his medications? It's not his fault that this country doesn't provide healthcare to poors. He's simply doing what he can to get by.
To be completely honest, Bushie is probably the best argument against universal health care one could present.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:58 AM »

Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »

My friend is 1/4 native American, his grandfather is 100% native American. I wonder if he could get some healthcare.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »

Bushie has dropped the Kenya gig?  If so, what fantasies does he have left now to jack off on?

He hasn't completely dropped it.  He's just pushed the expected departure date off to 2018 or later.  I asked him about what he would do if he started dating, and fell in love with and married, a woman in the interim who wasn't so keen on moving to Africa, and he gave a "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" type of answer, suggesting that he might at least be open to the idea of never moving there.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »

Indeed.  This is the least concerning of things he's done. 

I think a simple, "I'm from Oklahoma" should be enough, actually. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »

Here we have the bigoted right-wing response, blaming Bushie for his plight - that he is somehow lacking in intelligence or character and thus deserving of what the rich are doing to him:

I think a lot of us like to read the Update because it makes us feel like our IQ is intact by comparison.

To be completely honest, Bushie is probably the best argument against universal health care one could present.

And here we have the humane and realistic view - that Bushie has no control over what is being done to him, and deserves our pity as a victim of the class war:

Indeed.  This is the least concerning of things he's done. 

I think a simple, "I'm from Oklahoma" should be enough, actually.

Guess where I stand.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies