Can someone please give me a tldr version of...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:30:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can someone please give me a tldr version of...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can someone please give me a tldr version of...  (Read 1510 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »

Here we have the bigoted right-wing response, blaming Bushie for his plight - that he is somehow lacking in intelligence or character and thus deserving of what the rich are doing to him:

I think a lot of us like to read the Update because it makes us feel like our IQ is intact by comparison.

To be completely honest, Bushie is probably the best argument against universal health care one could present.

And here we have the humane and realistic view - that Bushie has no control over what is being done to him, and deserves our pity as a victim of the class war:

I mean, what you people have him do? Just not go to the doctor? Forgo healthcare? Go even further into debt paying for his medications? It's not his fault that this country doesn't provide healthcare to poors. He's simply doing what he can to get by.

Indeed.  This is the least concerning of things he's done. 

I think a simple, "I'm from Oklahoma" should be enough, actually.

Guess where I stand.

But it's kinda his own fault regarding his health problems. If he knew how to take care of his weight, then he wouldn't be in need of using Native American healthcare.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

Yeah but it's not his fault he doesn't "know how to take of his weight."
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

Bushie having massive personal problems that hold him back in life and Bushie being a victim of capitalism are not incompatible, guys.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »

He doesn't seem to have any problems to me outside of health complications further down the road. He is a victim but remains stubbornly chipper, with a good heart and reverence for his family and people. Can't say enough about the man, really - a true equal, and a window into what's to come for many Americans in the continuing ages of misery.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 09:54:49 PM »

He doesn't seem to have any problems to me outside of health complications further down the road. He is a victim but remains stubbornly chipper, with a good heart and reverence for his family and people. Can't say enough about the man, really - a true equal, and a window into what's to come for many Americans in the continuing ages of misery.

Thank you, rejectamenta!  That really does mean a lot.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »

Bushie having massive personal problems that hold him back in life and Bushie being a victim of capitalism are not incompatible, guys.
I wouldn't say he's a victim of capitalism. I'd say he's a victim of either nature or nurture (or both), depending on how you feel about that whole debate. I don't see Bushie faring well at all under any conceivable economic model.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »

Yeah but it's not his fault he doesn't "know how to take of his weight."

He knows how to. He chooses not to.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies