Union Party Chairman - Speech on Election Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Union Party Chairman - Speech on Election Results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Union Party Chairman - Speech on Election Results  (Read 544 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2005, 12:25:42 AM »

My friends,

We've made it!

It brings tears of joy to my eyes tonight to see the first members of our young Party elected to the Senate in Atlasia.   Governor MAS and SamSpade have made history tonight and we should all be thankful that they have stood up, put themselves forward as candidates, and carried our torch and banner to victory. They will join the greatest Governor in all of Atlasia, Ernest, as the elected officials that represent our vision for Atlasia.

I do express, however, a great deal of regret over some of the circumstances surrounding these elections.  Unfortunately, two men who share our common decency and values will not be able to serve us as President and Vice-President.  KEmperor and Alcon, we will always love you and wish you both the best in your future endeavors.  I do think you have both seen that it is a very difficult struggle here in Atlasia without a family to offer you support and comfort.  I would like to once again extend an invitation to you both to join the Union family and help us empower the individual Atlasian.

And King... my dear King... a loyal servant of our Party who has brought many members over to our cause.  Your loss is heartbreaking, but you couldn't have lost to a better candidate.  We wish Hugh the best and also extend an invitation to join our Union family.  I know he won't accept, because he's got that kinky fascination with being an independent, but I just thought I would take the opportunity to ask.

I also want to thank those members of our Party who bravely voted for candidates who were not necessarily endorsed by the Party or Party leadership.  No, I'm not kidding.  Unionism is about freedom, and there is no greater expression of freedom than going against the grain on an issue or candidate.  I do wish though that some of you would discuss your concerns with either myself or your regional Chairman so that we can better guage support or discontent for a particular candidate.

This election had some serious problems, and these are bound to get worse.  We must get a handle on the inactivity issue and raise the posting standards for voter registration.  It is amazing to see the difference between how many people regularly post around here and how many people show up for these elections.  If you're not active in the discussions and conversations in the fantasy forum, how can you be educated on the candidates and issues that we all face?  We must find a fair, but firm, way to deal with this problem or it will further divide our nation.

I want to once again thank the citizens of Atlasia for putting their trust in Union Party members to help run our nation.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:27:38 AM »

THANK YOU DON! THANKS MY FELLOW UNIONERS!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:28:10 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2005, 12:29:44 AM by Akno21 »

What do you think the standards should be?

35 to register.
35 between elections, 10 must be in fantasy elections/government

Just a baseline.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:33:41 AM »

Thank you, Don, for your kind words. 

And thanks to all Unioners for your support and guidance, and to all those in District 4, whomever voted for me or who didn't, doesn't make a difference to me.  Smiley

I also hope to join with MAS117 in making Atlasia's Senate a great place for all.

I alsowish Kemperor and Alcon the best in the future.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:34:31 AM »

Thank you for your kind words Don, and I congratulate all the winners in the Union party.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 12:35:38 AM »

Thank you, Don, and congratulations to the Union Party. :)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies