To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:40:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: To our resident Pennsylvanians: What's with Philly?  (Read 3150 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:53 AM »

You believe Philly was really that big of a landslide? If you search voter fraud in Philly, you'll find a long list of results. I remember seeing a precinct where Romney got 0 votes. Come on!

On the flipside of this, Utah had several precincts where Obama got zero votes. It really isn't that surprising.

Utah County?

Most of them were there, but I'm pretty sure Box Elder County had a couple as well.

Idaho is possible too, even Wyoming could have one or two (Gillette).

You mean precincts where no one voted for Obama?

Yes

Ok but there's a lot more people in the Philadelphia precincts compared to precincts in Wyoming.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »

You believe Philly was really that big of a landslide? If you search voter fraud in Philly, you'll find a long list of results. I remember seeing a precinct where Romney got 0 votes. Come on!

On the flipside of this, Utah had several precincts where Obama got zero votes. It really isn't that surprising.

Utah County?

Most of them were there, but I'm pretty sure Box Elder County had a couple as well.

Yes

Ok but there's a lot more people in the Philadelphia precincts compared to precincts in Wyoming.

Yeah, that's why I said maybe one or two, I don't even know if there was any but it could be possible.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »

For those interested:
Romney's Zero-Vote Precincts in Oklahoma: There are Actually Three!

(and four Obama zero-vote precncts).
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 08:04:20 PM »

Utah County?

Yes

Oh I don't know, but maybe because there are a lot more PEOPLE in Philadelphia than in Wyoming (about 3 times more)! And the margin was greater!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »

Anyone who has ever voted in a really urban precinct before knows that 0 Republican votes is completely plausible. 

I've voted in Washington, DC before... in a precinct that wasn't even heavily black by DC standards (maybe 30% or so).  Also some precincts are not that large, so you have to assume it's plausible that Obama could get 100% of the black vote in those precincts since he won black voters by about 95-5 nationally.  There will likely be regions of the country that are rural with megachurches where Romney might have gotten 8-10% of the black vote, that has to be canceled out somewhere to make Obama's vote share in the mid 90's.

But even the white voters I saw voting next to me were extremely hostile to the GOP.  First of all, a lot of urban whites are gay.  A lot of other ones are unionized.  Most are socially liberal, and the population usually skews younger.  These are all the types of groups Obama racked up huge margins with. 

I bet there were a lot of DC precincts where Romney got only a handful of votes if any, and DC wasn't a swing state (district) at all, so there would be no point in voter fraud.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies