Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does  (Read 4286 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 02, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »

If a pregnant women thinks that giving birth to the child will be an incovience to her, that is just as a valid excuse to have an abortion as rape, incense and her health. I applaud the great Melissa Harris-Perry on this segment , she is always brilliant and thought provoking.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »

If a pregnant women thinks that giving birth to the child will be an incovience to her, that is just as a valid excuse to have an abortion as rape, incense and her health. I applaud the great Melissa Harris-Perry on this segment , she is always brilliant and thought provoking.

But apparently life begins when the mother says it does Roll Eyes This isn't even about abortion. This is about infanticide outside of the womb. For the record do you support a woman's right to smother an infant in it's crib as Ms. Harris-Perry?

The fact that your mind automatically goes to infanticide so how messed up the anti-choice rhetoric has gotten. Like Lief said, no one is talking about this.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

But apparently life begins when the mother says it does Roll Eyes This isn't even about abortion. This is about infanticide outside of the womb. For the record do you support a woman's right to smother an infant in it's crib as Ms. Harris-Perry?

The fact that your mind automatically goes to infanticide so how messed up the anti-choice rhetoric has gotten. Like Lief said, no one is talking about this.

If you take what she said literally, he's not wrong.

But if we assume she meant life starts when the parents think it does....until the baby is born, then he's wrong

I think any sane person would make that assumption.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »

It is not. It's ridiculous to think that public policy once forced women who did not have the experience, resources, or desire to have children give birth to a child. That such women should not have children, and if they do certainly shouldn't be tasked with raising them, seems to me pretty common-sense.

If a women gets impregnated and she doesn't want it the least she should do is give the baby up for adoption after birth. Its her responsibility (and the father, if one) to take care of the baby after she gives birth, what I was saying was it is selfish to have an abortion on a baby because they made an irresponsible choice at a bad time. An increasing amount of people have irresponsible pregnancies leading to abortions of children that could have been viable people. Its really more of collapse of personal responsibility than anything, and that's my opinion.

I do agree with that first statement you made, but people who have abortions simply because they don't have the experience/skills to have a baby should give birth and give it up for adoption, an abortion is pretty much killing the baby because they themselves made a bad decision, and instead of taking it out on themselves they take it out on the baby they kill, and that in my opinion is selfish. I respect your opinions and understand where your coming from, but I just wanted you to understand my view.

I get that, but it is her body and it is up to her. No person or government should get in her way. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies