KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky  (Read 57915 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 10, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »

There's a thing called election secrecy. If you don't want people to tell how you voted, you should be able to do so. Besides, this election is about Grimes vs. McConnell and not about Obama.

I actually think you're wrong about this part.  If you want an example of a Senate race in a red state that wasn't about Obama look at Kansas.  That race is clearly about Pat Roberts and not much else.  Grimes' problem (and the reason she'll probably lose) is that for most Kentuckians, this election is about Obama and *not* Grimes vs. McConnell.  If the election was mainly about Grimes vs. McConnell for most voters there then Grimes would be leading in most polls at this point given that she's objectively a far stronger candidate than McConnell by almost any reasonable measure and has run a much better campaign (which is why the race is competitive in the first place, McConnell's unpopularity alone wouldn't have been enough).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »

Better late than never, I suppose.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »

That was a pretty good ad; McConnell actually came across as kind of likable in it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »

Republicans are mailing official seeming letters with "ELECTION VIOLATING NOTICE" that are of course attacking Grimes. Kentycky Republican party and McConnell campaign = total scumbags.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/31/1340676/-McConnell-s-Kentucky-GOP-threatens-Grimes-voters-with-fraud-charges-just-for-listening-to-Grimes

Obviously sketchy as hell, but that's actually a great idea, tbh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »

Yeah, but they always did. I'm wondering if Grimes' team still thinks she's going to win.

I think they do.

If they still think that, she needs a better team Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies