KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:47:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY Senate Race 2014: Getting lucky in Kentucky  (Read 57855 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: April 14, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »

McConnell gaffes show campaign rust

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »

Well, she's officially jumped the shark.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:36:11 PM »

Grimes should practice hunting turtles instead. Especially mutant ones that have morphed into human form.

She'll have plenty of time to take up a hobby after November.

Yeah, she doesn't have to move into her new Senate office until January.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

Mitch McConnell sure isn't acting like a guy who's ahead. He calls into a sports radio show without any notice, starts complaining that they've been unfairly attacking him, and then goes on a series of "needlessly angry" (in the word of the show's host) rants when asked about things like climate change and which university's sports team he supports.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/08/%E2%80%9Cneedlessly_angry%E2%80%9D_is_mitch_mcconnell_getting_worried/

Bizarre.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »

Grimes's entire campaign was a profile in cowardice. She routinely let McConnell get away with lies and obfuscations and repeatedly refused to stand for any sort of coherent ideology or vision. Good riddance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »

Grimes's entire campaign was a profile in cowardice. She routinely let McConnell get away with lies and obfuscations and repeatedly refused to stand for any sort of coherent ideology or vision. Good riddance.

I agree with all of that but the race is still very close (at least in the public polling). I don't see why they would give up now unless their internal numbers are bad and perhaps they are.

The internals probably aren't bad, but it sounds like the internals are looking better in Georgia (where Nunn is a better candidate and would actually be able to hold on to the seat if she ran for re-election). I think it makes sense to focus on one pick up opportunity and then put the rest of the money in Colorado and Iowa (saving some for the Louisiana run-off too and hoping that Begich's ground game can pull it off in Alaska).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »

Offing McConnell would be amazing though. Oh well.

True. I'd love to see his concession. And the GOP senate leadership battle would be great fun. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »

Would Alison have served herself better to respond something like this?

"Yes I did vote for Barack Obama in 2012, like nearly half a million Kentuckians did. Do most Kentuckians agree with that vote? No. But in 1992, Senator McConnell voted for George Bush and most Kentuckians did not. In 1996, Senator McConnell voted for Bob Dole and most Kentuckians did not. So instead of talking about one vote I made as a private citizen nearly two years ago, let's talk about the votes this debate should be about - the votes I intend to make as a United States Senator and the votes Mitch McConnell has made in the Senate that have been wrong for Kentucky and wrong for America."

Yes but that would have required her to run a campaign that wasn't defined by moderate heroism and cowardice.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 08:01:55 PM »

@howardfineman

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »

Only like 20,000 people in Kentucky actually even work in the coal industry? Why do people care so much about this? I wish Grimes had the guts to tell them that their industry is destroying the planet and the sooner is vanishes into history the better.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »

ummmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GB6lKH0pw&feature=em-uploademail
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies