Proposal for the Trolls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal for the Trolls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposal for the Trolls  (Read 3206 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« on: April 04, 2004, 04:05:39 PM »

With respect to the trolls:

This seems like a matter that may be appropriate for the Supreme Court to deal with once they are chosen.

In the United States, everyone qualified has the right to vote under the Constitution, but one can forfeit that right by committing a felony (in most states).  

Similarly, I think that if someone commits a "felony" on this forum (such as trolling), there should be a trial in front of the court, and if convicted, they should lose their right to vote.  Under our constitution, the court has the right to "interpret" our laws, and it seems reasonable that they should be able to interpret the right to vote in the same way the real America does.

In the absence of the Supreme Court, we should be able to convict trolls on the basis of a 2/3 vote of the public.

So, anyone with 18 legitimate posts should have the right to vote, but you can forfeit that right by committing a crime.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:26:01 PM »

In the absence of the Supreme Court, we should be able to convict trolls on the basis of a 2/3 vote of the public.
Sounds like a bill of attainder to me...

Well, OK, but I don't think they are prohibited under our constitution.

Or we can just wait until we have a Supreme Court.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 11:18:26 PM »

Jesus is BGWah. Check under the Thread titled Church attendence. Look at all those nice maps he made. Look up properties and read the website. Bingo.

OK, I am impressed that he has made a contribution to the forum, and would welcome him as a legitimate voter IF he STOPS TROLLING.  

People who are here to troll should not be allowed to vote, period.  Since no one has convicted Jesus yet, if he quits his trolling now then...fine, he's in.  But I have seen no signs that he intends to do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies