Proposal for the Trolls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal for the Trolls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposal for the Trolls  (Read 3208 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 05, 2004, 10:11:20 AM »

Since I put so much time and energy into this post yesterday on another thread, I'm going to quote myself.  I think I made some good points:

Is there a way to resolve the issue of whether Jesus and Apostle are legitimate voters?  

As I see it, whether or not they are the same person, both of them are trolls and have used the forum only to troll and not to make a meaningful contribution to out discussion of politics.  

No matter how many posts they have, they should not be allowed to vote in our elections if their primary goals are to tear the forum down and not to build it up.

Regarding this, there are some rather sticky constitutional issues.  

Article V, Clause 4: "No one who has attained eighteen posts and have established an avatar from the United States for at least the time span of the election shall be denied the right to vote."

Amendment II, Section 2: "Every member of the forum shall have the right to vote if they have acquired eighteen posts and are registered with an avatar from the United States, and shall not be excluded from any election due to their nationality, race, religion, sex, sexual affiliation, or age. "

I have seen some discussion about changing this language to specify what constitutes valid postings.  IMO, writing language into the Constitution for the specific purpose of excluding Jesus and Apostle will be a very, very bad idea.  As the language is currently written, they cannot be excluded.  All that is mentioned is 18 posts, it does not say 18 high-quality posts or 18 posts that add something to the forum.  Nor should it.

Amendment II, Section 1: "No one shall exclude any person from an election or position on the basis of their political affiliation, whether it be in a federal or regional election."  Excluding anyone from running on the basis of membership in the Jesus Christ Party is therefore unconstitutional as well.

It simply amazes me that these multiple accounts originating from the same person have not been expelled by Dave.  I am sure he has been made aware of this situation (I have even notified him myself about it).  Obviously that is the most expedient resolution to this problem.

Constitutionally, then, here is how we can proceed:

Jesus and Apostle must be permitted to vote and run for office, having fulfilled the constitutional requirements for doing so.

In order for Apostle to actually get elected, Jesus will have to be very, very busy posting posts from Saint Christopher, Brother Ian, etc. to get them up to 18 posts.  Okay, let's assume he actually does this.  The Senate immediately expels Apostle, under the terms of Article I Section 4.  The Governor of the Wetern region would hopefully appoint the person who would have won absent all the Jesus votes.  This is somewhat unfair to Western region voters, but hopefully the Governor would do the right thing.

Whether or not Apostle gets elected to the Senate, the Supreme Court, once established and convened, will bring charges against Jesus, Apostle, and all other incarnations of this persona, the charge being creating multiple accounts in the forum.

I know this seems a long-winded way to proceed.  I hope that Dave will intervene, and make all this unnecessary.  But if the rule of law is going to prevail in the forum, as opposed to anarchy, I can see no other way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies