Manufactured Cold War Crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:52:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Manufactured Cold War Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manufactured Cold War Crisis  (Read 236 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0805/Bloodhound-Gang-US-band-s-crude-act-with-flag-earns-Russia-s-wrath

I can't believe such an act by a third rate band in some other country would really need to involve government ministers and ambassadors.  People need to grow up and learn to ignore stuff.  I personally love watching grungy dirty little third world people almost set themselves on fire while trying to burn a home made American flag.  I'm so used to seeing it it has zero impact.  I'm sure whatever they are yelling in their garbled language is important to them but I just want to see whether we got a new record high on the Dow today.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

Joseph McCarthy was dead on when regarding the Cold War and it's how we must fight the War on Terror. America was much more patriotic back then and we must work to bring our nation back to the supremacy we had in the 1950's-1980's.
Link
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:12:05 PM »

Joseph McCarthy was dead on when regarding the Cold War and it's how we must fight the War on Terror. America was much more patriotic back then and we must work to bring our nation back to the supremacy we had in the 1950's-1980's.

Why?  A lot of that just makes people look insecure.  If you go to other countries there isn't all this flag waving and they get along just fine.  Like I said I don't care if some third rate rock musician from some other country wipes his bum with an American flag in Mexico or Canada.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »

Why?  A lot of that just makes people look insecure.  If you go to other countries there isn't all this flag waving and they get along just fine.  Like I said I don't care if some third rate rock musician from some other country wipes his bum with an American flag in Mexico or Canada.

Waving the flag and beating people up who burn it is part of the American way.
Link
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »

I would be banned from my profession if I assaulted someone just because they burned the American flag.  The plutocrats don't get into street brawls.  They incite street brawls amongst the unwashed masses to keep them distracted from the wholesale theft.  After what Wall St did in 2008 flag burning is not even something I would notice.  Those @$$holes burned the entire planet.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »

I would be banned from my profession if I assaulted someone just because they burned the American flag.  The plutocrats don't get into street brawls.  They incite street brawls amongst the unwashed masses to keep them distracted from the wholesale theft.  After what Wall St did in 2008 flag burning is not even something I would notice.  Those @$$holes burned the entire planet.

If you're referring to the housing market collapse, President Bush called on congress to fix the foreseeable problem in 2003 and McCain proposed a bill for it in 2005. Had it not been for the Community Reinvestment Act and it's furthering in 1996 under Clinton and a Republican congress, we would've never had the mess. Lenders were forced to provide loans for people who had no intention in paying them back. You're worried about Wall St. when we have hippies burning our flag?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies