Why I decided to save D3 some hassle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:57:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Why I decided to save D3 some hassle
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why I decided to save D3 some hassle  (Read 1200 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2005, 07:27:40 AM »

I have deleted my vote (at approxiametely 6 am EST) in order that the harassed voters of D3 don't have to get another round of ceaseless PMs. Its just not fair on them to be put through the harrowing experience of being endlessly harassed by Naso. They will also be spared the problem of voting next week, which I suppose cuts down the bureaucratic crap.

I think its important to remember that no matter what happens, individuals should always conspire to change the election result after the voting has closed according to whatever notion that they consider the Law should be. It is a great Atlasian tradition that I have continued.

Since I have saved the voters of D3 a lot of hassle, I would like to ask that we put all this partisan bitterness behind us and that we move on for the good of Atlasia.

I would like to apologise to Nym. He has been a fine Senator who has served the district well; I did what I did with a heavy heart, but I am fed up with this election going on any longer. It is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.

I would like to say that I still think Naso will be an apocryphal Senator who will probably not serve with any particular distinction. It is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.

I would like to apologise to Nym's supporters. Whilst Naso found it acceptable to bus to the polls voters with barely no activity, many of you are participating members of the fantasy board and therefore will be poorly represented in the Senate by somebody you never wanted. It is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.

That is all.
Polkergeist

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:30:35 AM »

Can you do this after the election is over ?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:31:16 AM »

Can you do this after the election is over ?

I honestly have no idea. However you can delete your posts, even in locked topics, which I did.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »

Okay, thanks. Question answered.
I can see that you're bitter, but this makes for a very funny read, btw. You should write like that more often. Smiley
Anyways, I hope Al uses this opportunity to make another cabinet signing.

Polk: No...but as the election result wasn't certified yet...and I guess he feels if I can do it then so can he. (Although there is a difference.) Defarge changing his vote to make it invalid two months ago may also have contributed, although that was before polls closed (but still against the spirit of the law...that you can't change your vote intent after you post your vote.)
Polkergeist

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 07:38:39 AM »

This is all going to the courts isn't it ?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 07:39:49 AM »

I would imagine that is incredibly likely.

It is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.
Polkergeist

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 07:41:38 AM »

I would imagine that is incredibly likely.

The best way to put the bitterness behind us is to have re-run without Naso and Nym
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 07:57:49 AM »

I do not respect the HARRASSED by Naso comments. Nym probably PMed just as much as me.

That is one of your more rididulous posts. According to Polkergeist's previous comments you PMed him 20 times, whilst Nym probably only did so once, if at all.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 08:01:18 AM »

No, I don't think you can delete your vote after the polls close and have it matter.  Once the polls close, it's too late to change your mind.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 08:03:13 AM »

No, I don't think you can delete your vote after the polls close and have it matter.  Once the polls close, it's too late to change your mind.

Polkergeist

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 08:04:21 AM »

I do not respect the HARRASSED by Naso comments. Nym probably PMed just as much as me.

That is one of your more rididulous posts. According to Polkergeist's previous comments you PMed him 20 times, whilst Nym probably only did so once, if at all.

Of the 22 Msgs I had from Naso only 8 were unsolicited please vote for me PM's. Nym Msg'd me once and so did Keystone Phil for Naso
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 08:10:26 AM »

Don't feel bad. I got like 10 IMs and 5 PMs.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »

Of the 22 Msgs I had from Naso only 8 were unsolicited please vote for me PM's. Nym Msg'd me once and so did Keystone Phil for Naso
Cheesy
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 08:25:21 AM »

I greatly respect the decision of the fine Governor of the Mideast Region. I agree that this election has dragged on too long. I therefore concede defeat and congratulate Senator-Elect Naso on his victory.

I also announce that I will run for Al's vacant Senate seat in the upcoming special election.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 08:32:35 AM »

I greatly respect the decision of the fine Governor of the Mideast Region. I agree that this election has dragged on too long. I therefore concede defeat and congratulate Senator-Elect Naso on his victory.

I also announce that I will run for Al's vacant Senate seat in the upcoming special election.

Al's Senate seat is going to be vacant soon? 

I must've missed something.

I agree that it is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 08:38:57 AM »

Al's Senate seat is going to be vacant soon?

I must've missed something.

I agree that it is important however to put all the bitterness behind us and move on.

Well, that's IF Al wins, of course. If not, I wouldn't challenge him for reelection in April, just to clarify things.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »

I demand a re-vote.

Er... wait, I'm not actually in D3, so nevermind.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 11:23:48 AM »

Nym90 has my full support in this upcoming special election.

He has an excellent record as Senator and President, and will provide the strong moral leadership that District 3 and Atlasia so desperately needs at this time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies