Compromise on Voting Requirements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Compromise on Voting Requirements
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compromise on Voting Requirements  (Read 614 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2005, 05:39:04 PM »

It's clear we need to come to a compromise on the voting requirements. My idea is simple, require 40 posts between elections, 10 must be in fantasy elections/government. Fully enforce all election laws that are posted in the voting booth.

However, get rid of the avatar/signature rule, since that serves no purpose, in my mind. We need elections to be decided by those who they will effect, but we don't need to be overzealous about it.

Also, define troll and inactive, to prevent the words being misused and abused.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 05:41:49 PM »

It's clear we need to come to a compromise on the voting requirements. My idea is simple, require 40 posts between elections, 10 must be in fantasy elections/government. Fully enforce all election laws that are posted in the voting booth.

What's wrong with our current rule of 25 posts per elections?  If anything, I'd imagine most would want that rule lessened, not made stronger.

However, get rid of the avatar/signature rule, since that serves no purpose, in my mind. We need elections to be decided by those who they will effect, but we don't need to be overzealous about it.

I wouldn't mind doing this.

To my knowledge, the part about trolling is gone now, following the amendment and statute that were passed.  Inactive is implicitly defined: someone is inactive if they do not satisfy the requirements for being active.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 05:52:08 PM »

In a perfect world, we could have Gustaf ban Bandit, BRTD, JFraud, Karl Marx Wannabe, NixonNow, and Philip from the fantasy elections. Unfortunately we can't, so we should define a troll so we can make it better for everyone by not having those fools around.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 07:23:47 PM »

I was brewing a similar idea about this.

I'd add a measure about bussing in inactives.  We could say that ALL campaigning should be done in forum threads, i.e. NOT through PM, AIM, etc., unless the candidate is responding to a direct question.  The only way that this could be inforced is to remind everybody that it's a crime, and to notify the SoFA if a candidate breaks the rule by forwarding the PM in question.

Also, the posts between elections should not include those done in voting booths.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 07:27:05 PM »

sounds ok
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 08:13:11 PM »

What's wrong with our current rule of 25 posts per elections?  If anything, I'd imagine most would want that rule lessened, not made stronger.

I tabulated the results using the 25 post rule. Only 6 votes got eliminated, and it doesn't effect those who don't post in Atlasia. In all reality, 25 really isn't that much, as I said, only 6 people out of almost 100 would be affected, but the inactive problem is more than 6% of voters.

I have no problem with PMing people, and you can't stop that, you just have rule-following people being victimized. If you make it so inactives don't have a voice, you solve the problem.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »

I really think it's impossible to stop people from PMing other people to vote legally without looking into everyone's PMs, which is a major invasion of privacy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies