Midwest Laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Midwest Laws  (Read 1346 times)
WiseGuy

« on: February 28, 2005, 10:13:50 AM »

As a new Midwesterner, I wanted to read the Constitution and the other laws, so I decided to bring them together on one page.  I’m not sure if this is all of them, so if you know of any more, please post them in the format I used here.  Thanks.

The Official Constitution of the Midwest Region, Written by Paul Brunsel

Preamble:

We the people of the Midwestern Region, in order to form a more perfect region, establish justice to ensure regional tranquility. Provide for the common good and promote the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity to ordain and establish this constitution of the Midwestern Region.

Section I: The Governorship

Article I: Election of the Governor

I: The Governor is elected every 4 months.

II: Elections will be held in the months of April, August, and December.

III: Gubernatorial elections will be held on the second to last Friday of the month, with the exception of December, and last until the following Sunday. 

IV: Polls will open Friday at noon, Central Time, and close at noon on Sunday, Central Time.

V: The governor-elect will be sworn in the following Thursday of their election by the current Senator representing District 3 will swear in the governor-elect. If the Senator from District 3 is not present or has been elected Governor, the Governor-elect is given the permission to swear themselves in.

VI: In case of an election tie there will be a run-off election held the next Friday by the same rules and regulations as stated in Clause IV.

VII: If there is a vacancy in the governor's position there will be a special election held.

VIII: IN December the election will be held the second Friday of the month instead of the last.

Article II: The Powers of the Governor

I: The administrative authority of the Midwestern Region will hereby be administered by the Governor of the Midwestern Region.

II: The governor is allowed to appoint a Lieutenant Governor if it is wished by the governor to have that specific post.

III: The Governor may propose any proposition that does not contradict the Regional (unless it is an amendment) or Federal Constitution and shall be voted on by the people in the closest election following the proposal.

IV: The governor is given the power to veto any Proposition that does not have 60% of the vote from the people of the Midwestern Region.

Section II: Propositions

I: Propositions shall be law, regulations, and or state constitutional amendments voted on by the people of the Midwest Region during General and Mid-Term elections

II: Propositions may be submitted by the governor or by citizens of the Midwestern region via petition.

III: For a proposition to be passed and brought before the governor, it must receive more than 50% of the vote by those who show up to vote.

Section III: Petitions

I: A petition must be in the form of a thread to be recognized by the governor.

II: A petition must have 3 or more signatures to get on the ballot.

III: The 3 or more signatures must come within the first two weeks of a petition existence for it to be put on the ballot.

Section IV: The Passing of the Constitution

I: The citizens of the Midwestern Region shall follow the rules and regulations put forth by this Constitution once it is passed.

II: The Constitution must be signed by 5 citizens of the Midwest for it to be ratified.

SIGNED BY:

Secretary of Labor Fritz

PBrunsel

Senator Hughento

Governor Ilikeverin

WMS

Secretary of State Gustaf
WiseGuy

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 11:55:40 AM »

Um, I figured that I should say something about this before the thread is deleted.  I did log in last night and I checked the "stayed logged in forever" box.

Also, I would just like to point out that CheeseWhiz and I have never voted for the same candidate in any of the elections that we have voted in, except for KEmperor in this weekend's presidential race.

We decided to post the backs of our library cards (first thing we could think of that both of us have in our possession) Tongue

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies