CO: A Constitutional Conservative stands up to serve his country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO: A Constitutional Conservative stands up to serve his country
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: A Constitutional Conservative stands up to serve his country  (Read 703 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »

Guess who's running in 2014?

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ken-buck-who-once-compared-being-gay-to
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »

Excellent news!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »

Unless he can squeeze 70% out of Weld, El Paso and Mesa, as well as 75% in all of the non-hispanic, non-ski resort rural counties, he isn't even going to get the 44% that Schafer got in 2008.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2013, 01:02:28 PM by Torie »

It is always entertaining the way red avatars get a hard on, when kook Pubs surface (whom they assiduously cheer on to win the primary) who are totally unelectable and give rise to the specter of the Pubs flushing a seat down the drain. Granted, the Pubs seem to have more of these oddballs  than the Dems (the kook Dems seem to be almost all in very safe seats so being kooks does not make them unelectable), so in that sense I guess my team does deserve the flack. But it is more than flack - it's schadenfreude - with the red avatars on this going "krazen" as it were. Tongue

And then there is Brittain33's concocted ironic headline. Very good!  Smiley
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »

Well, while they can flush some senate seats down the drain, this type still seems to have a hammerlock on enough House seats and state legislatures to set the agenda in some places. I have to take my schadenfreude where I can in the Senate and Presidential elections because the situation in the House and states is so much more dire when it comes to these guys. It's no accident that Todd Akin served comfortably in the House for ages without attracting attention... and that Steve King and Michele Bachmann could continue to win reelection, validating their views.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

I don't see how he can win a two way race against Owens with Baumgardner basically the Cleve Tidwell. With Stephens in the race, Buck may win the primary.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »

Thanks!
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 12:46:23 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2013, 04:14:13 AM by Ogre Mage »

Colorado is a prime example of how the GOP has ceded ground in swing states.  Watching Buck's lunatic fringe meanderings should be entertaining if nothing else.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »

It is always entertaining the way red avatars get a hard on, when kook Pubs surface (whom they assiduously cheer on to win the primary) who are totally unelectable and give rise to the specter of the Pubs flushing a seat down the drain. Granted, the Pubs seem to have more of these oddballs  than the Dems (the kook Dems seem to be almost all in very safe seats so being kooks does not make them unelectable), so in that sense I guess my team does deserve the flack. But it is more than flack - it's schadenfreude - with the red avatars on this going "krazen" as it were. Tongue

And then there is Brittain33's concocted ironic headline. Very good!  Smiley

You and the sane components of your party enable them, Torie. You enable them by virtue of sticking with them. You're convinced that "the other side is even more extreme." Really, Torie? Michael Bennet and John Hickenlooper are more extreme than Tom Tancredo or Ken Buck? Jerry Brown is more extreme than the remnants of the CA GOP? Wendy Davis, who would have been a Rockefeller Republican 30 years ago, is more extreme than Rick Perry or Dan Patrick? Your own state is a lost cause. Why don't you reach out to an electable Republican in Colorado and send him a check or offer to make some phone calls for him? If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

The fact that there are more of "these kooks" in the GOP than there are in the Democratic Party is precisely the problem. It shows how arrogant and out of touch with reality your party is in its current incarnation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies