Crown & Country (Sign up\commentary thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:37:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crown & Country (Sign up\commentary thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Crown & Country (Sign up\commentary thread)  (Read 2968 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
« edited: August 10, 2013, 01:50:39 PM by Dr. Cynic »

Welcome to my new simulation game idea. Crown & Country is set in 1800 and I hope to make it a fun and complex diplomatic and domestic simulation game and we'll see how long it lasts. You take control as leader of one of the player nations and your job is to do all you can to come out on top, getting exactly what your nation wants. Be careful, though. Become too unpopular and you may face revolution or lose at the ballot box (in the case of a U.S. player). Here are the primary players:

Kingdom of Great Britain

You play as King George III. Britain is not an absolute monarchy so you may have to deal with some parliamentary resistance to your ideas. You must outmaneuver the Franco-Spanish Alliance aided by your own allies in Prussia, Russia and Scandanavia and you must be wary of the new United States. (Played by Chairman Sanchez)

French Republic

You play as Napoleon Bonaparte, First Consul. Though you are undoubtedly powerful, you still must outmaneuver your opponents and consolidate your power. You're allied with Spain and an enemy of England. The new United States also presents a challenge or opportunity depending on your actions. (Played by Jack F. Enderman)

Kingdom of Spain

You play as Charles IV. Thought to be a fool and a tool. Though you are allied with France, your powerful PM, Manuel de Godoy is seen as the real power. Will you break free of him and set your own course or listen to his advice?

Kingdom of Prussia

You play as King Frederick William III. Obsessed with morality and a micro manager, at first trying to remain neutral in the coalition wars, but drawn steadily in on Britain's side. You are popular with your people (owing mostly to your wife, more than yourself). (Played by Archduke Lumine)

Russian Empire

You play as Tsar Alexander I. Your father Paul has just been murdered allowing you to ascend. You're full of new and liberal ideas to implement while allied with Britain. (Played by Ernest)

Kingdom of Sweden

You play as King Gustav Adolf IV. Sweden has been in decline since the Great Northern War. Can you return it to the status of great power it once enjoyed? (Played by SJoyce)

Holy Roman Empire

You play as Emperor Francis II. Austria has been in decline since Joseph II and it's up to you to keep France from destroying your aged empire. Can you do it with Britain's support? Can you save the Holy Roman Empire? (Played by Kitteh)

United States of America

You play as President Thomas Jefferson (sorry, Mr. Adams, just would rather start with a President who isn't about to lose election). Obviously, you're limited by Congress and the American people's desires. Europe as a whole is giving you trouble. Will you remain neutral and piss everyone off or will you take a side? (Played by Governor Spamage)

Hopefully we get enough people interested to get a game going!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

I would gladly take Prussia! (And if we get enough players I think it would be a good idea to add Austria and the Ottoman Empire)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:07:21 PM »

I would gladly take Prussia! (And if we get enough players I think it would be a good idea to add Austria and the Ottoman Empire)

Austria is currently under the Holy Roman Empire (because you'd be playing as the same person). But maybe within the next few rounds, we'll see if we can add the Ottomans.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »

I'm very interested... Though I'm devised between France and Spain... Form an alliance with America and take the Mediterranean... Or be free of opposition and use America as an alliance (An make Burr President in 1804 IIRC) as with great Spain and try to found a West Europe alliance and crush Prussia and Russia... I'll do France... (I agree that the Ottomans should join in the party Cheesy )
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »

I'm very interested... Though I'm devised between France and Spain... Form an alliance with America and take the Mediterranean... Or be free of opposition and use America as an alliance (An make Burr President in 1804 IIRC) as with great Spain and try to found a West Europe alliance and crush Prussia and Russia... I'll do France... (I agree that the Ottomans should join in the party Cheesy )

If we get all these filled and someone wants to play as the Ottomans, I'll include them Smiley

So, you're taking France, then?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

If we get all these filled and someone wants to play as the Ottomans, I'll include them Smiley

So, you're taking France, then?

Might as well....
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 03:55:17 AM »

Actually, if the game starts in January 1800, Adams being reelected is possible if the Quasi-War can be concluded quickly enough.  However, given my middle name, I'll take Alexander I
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »

I will take the UK; I have a weird love for George III.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »

USA!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 02:21:53 PM »

And that leaves Sweden and Austria, I hope we begin soon!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »

I'll take Austria
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »

Spain and Sweden are the only nations left that need players. The minute we get them, we'll begin.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

Spain and Sweden are the only nations left that need players. The minute we get them, we'll begin.

Can one person be two countries? I'm not going to do that, I'm just offering to fill up Sweden and Spain...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »

Can one person be two countries? I'm not going to do that, I'm just offering to fill up Sweden and Spain...

I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Okay... Just wondering...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:31:14 PM »

Oh, and another thing, can we use colonies?  Or in America's case, make them?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2013, 03:35:20 PM by True Federalist »

BTW, that flag you have for Russia is anachronistic combination of the Civil and Imperial standards authorized for private use shortly before WWI broke out.

Imperial and Army Standard:

Naval Ensign:

Naval Jack:

Civil Standard:
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »

Oh, and another thing, can we use colonies?  Or in America's case, make them?

You control the nation and all of its client states. The U.S. will be able to have a few adventures as well, should they desire.
BTW, that flag you have for Russia is anachronistic combination of the Civil and Imperial standards authorized for private use shortly before WWI broke out.

Imperial and Army Standard:

Naval Ensign:

Naval Jack:

Civil Standard:

I know the flag is technically incorrect, but I couldn't get a properly sized version of the civil standard. Given that flags won't be used in game, or if they are, sparingly, it doesn't much matter.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »

I know the flag is technically incorrect, but I couldn't get a properly sized version of the civil standard. Given that flags won't be used in game, or if they are, sparingly, it doesn't much matter.

Wikimedia is your friend. Easy to size the images there just by changing the number in the image's URL:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f3/Flag_of_Russia.svg/100px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f3/Flag_of_Russia.svg/200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »

Well see, I didn't know that lol Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »

Sweden!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »

Only one more needed to play Spain...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2013, 02:25:56 PM by Jack F Enderman »

ChairmanSanchez, SJoyce, me, Kitteh, Spamage! I can already tell that this is going to be fun! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 12:28:06 AM »

Could we leave Spain vacant and consider it a vassal of France? I'm really eager to get going on this.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »

I agree with Spamage, lets have that be the POD…
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies