If we reduced the number of regions, map what Atlasia would look like
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If we reduced the number of regions, map what Atlasia would look like
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If we reduced the number of regions, map what Atlasia would look like  (Read 3169 times)
Space7
Rookie
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »

If it turns out I'm in the minority here and what we're really going for is three culturally distinct regions with roughly equal population though, I would support this:

Blue=Northeast
Green=Deep South
Red=Everything else
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

Am I really the only Pennsylvania voter?

If that's the case, then, you've got me in the wrong spot Tongue I live in Pittsburgh, not Erie. Tongue

As everyone knows, Pennsylvania is an empty wasteland except for the capital city, Erie. Tongue

This is blasphemy!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »

My Proposal(see previous post)=culturally distinct, even population,
Space7
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »

Your proposal is one of my favorites, but I think your map is equal by real-life population rather than Atlasia population. In Atlasia, the Northeast is overpopulated and the western states are underpopulated. Yours, I think, would result in a heavily overpopulated Northeast region.

I might be wrong though.

I still like your map, and I'm on the edge if the discrepancy of population could be overlooked because people can move between regions anyways.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2013, 11:48:21 PM by King in the North SirNick »

Your proposal is one of my favorites, but I think your map is equal by real-life population rather than Atlasia population. In Atlasia, the Northeast is overpopulated and the western states are underpopulated. Yours, I think, would result in a heavily overpopulated Northeast region.

I might be wrong though.

I still like your map, and I'm on the edge if the discrepancy of population could be overlooked because people can move between regions anyways.

It is equal by real life population. Atlasia population is harder to control for because people can move very easily --and with such a small number of people playing, a few people moving can really make or break whatever goal you want to have by basing it on that.

I think, any reform/reconstruction of regions proposal should give everyone one free move when the new regions come into effect.

Simultaneously there are advantages to living in an underpopulated region (in terms of game players) -- it very well could be easier to get elected, especially to the Assembly. 

[The only fair comparison between hypothetical populations of regions is if we assume that everyone is active. Its not realistic, but its 1) the goal and 2) its pointless to measure inactive users, they might as well not exist. I think a better measurement is to ignore the users and go by real population measurements]
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »

Where is all of this coming from, anyway?  Is there actually talk of changing the regional boundaries?  If so, that'd probably kill the game for me.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

Where is all of this coming from, anyway?  Is there actually talk of changing the regional boundaries?  If so, that'd probably kill the game for me.

Its been a big thing people have been talking about since at least the Pacific incident, one of the main ideas championed by those wanting game reform. I think the reason we're talking about it now is because the Senate is going to be debating it soon because of Napoleon.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »

How about this:

First divide Atlasia culturally, then divide it politically... eg. MN, WI, IL, MI, as Great Lakes IA, MO, AR, as Heartland, KY, TN, NC, WV, as Southern Appalachia, PA, OH, NY, VT, as North Appalachia and MA, CT, RI, NH, ME as New England, NJ, DE, MD, VA, DC as Mid-Atlantic, SC, GA, AL, FL, PR, MS, LA as Dirty South, TX, NM, CO, AZ, NV, WY, ID, as Deseret, OK, KS, NE, SD, ND, MT as Midwest, AK, WA, OR, CA, HI, Marinas Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the other Pacific Islands, as The Pacific... I don't know how Canada would be divided... maybe: Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nunavut in to the Midwest, Ontario into the Great Lakes, Quebec and Labrador as a new region (New France), New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland into New England and Northwest Territories, British Colombia and Yukon could go into The Pacific...
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 11:27:59 PM »

This really is a bad game if you think about it. What are we aspiring towards? We grow up with dreams of conqueoring the world, or even universe and we create a game where we only control one country in the world? Screw remaking the regions, lets annex Earth.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only if we get to take Oklahoma too! Greater Texas. :doitnow!:
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:49 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's a pretty good map. If we don't get the region of greater Texas (with Oklahoma), than we should get this one, as is. Nice straight line from North Carolina to California.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies