Ok, I have no idea what happened last night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ok, I have no idea what happened last night
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ok, I have no idea what happened last night  (Read 2600 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 06:18:01 PM »

HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT? wtf is going on on this forum?

In brief...

- Lewis posted that if every vote had been counted, Al would have won; therefore, Lewis conceded the election to Al even though the former was the winner.  Lewis also said that he had never wanted to be president.

- Lewis said that he wanted to be Al's SoFA and Al hinted that he would allow him to be.

- Conspiracy theories have come up that there was a coordinated effort between Lewis and Al to make Al president and Lewis the SoFA.

- Suspicion and distrust continue to get worse and worse.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 06:18:36 PM »

No one blindly followed Lewis...we all thought he was a serious candidate.....I'm stunned that after all of my campaigning, that he NEVER told me that he didn't seriously want the job.  He seemed like he did.

Just like The Bulldog was a serious candidate that the DNC supported over me.

Hmmmm... haven't seen him around here in a while.

You couldn't even dig him up and hand him your preprepared ballot from this election, that's how gone he is.
there were no "prepared ballots" and neither Lewis, me, Akno, or TD PMed inactives.  I can't speak for anyone else.

President
1. Lewis / True Democrat#
2. Al / Siege40
3. KEmperor / Alcon
Senate
Nym90

Since it was all done for me...

What is this then?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2005, 06:33:43 PM »

No one blindly followed Lewis...we all thought he was a serious candidate.....I'm stunned that after all of my campaigning, that he NEVER told me that he didn't seriously want the job.  He seemed like he did.

You couldn't even dig him up and hand him your preprepared ballot from this election, that's how gone he is.
there were no "prepared ballots" and neither Lewis, me, Akno, or TD PMed inactives.  I can't speak for anyone else.

President
2. Al / Siege40
3. KEmperor / Alcon
Senate
Nym90

What is this then?
I don't know what that is, but no one I'm aware of him sent him a ballot like that.  Anyhow, how does "Since it was all done for me" translate to "Someone sent me a ballot that looked like this and told me to copy and paste it into the voting booth?"
Anyhow, I can't believe everyone is accusing me of doing it when I did nothing of the sort.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2005, 07:03:36 PM »

I don't know what's up with Skybridge. He voted for Naso last weekend, then this weekend voted for me, then immediately got rid of his avatar.

It's pure speculation, but my guess is that since he never had an avatar before registering to vote, he probably thought that once he had voted, it was ok to take it down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2005, 07:07:09 PM »

but my guess is that since he never had an avatar before registering to vote, he probably thought that once he had voted, it was ok to take it down.

Actually, skybridge had his avatar for awhile before the election. I have people that can back me up on that.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2005, 07:07:26 PM »

HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT? wtf is going on on this forum?

In brief...

- Lewis posted that if every vote had been counted, Al would have won; therefore, Lewis conceded the election to Al even though the former was the winner.  Lewis also said that he had never wanted to be president.

- Lewis said that he wanted to be Al's SoFA and Al hinted that he would allow him to be.

- Conspiracy theories have come up that there was a coordinated effort between Lewis and Al to make Al president and Lewis the SoFA.

- Suspicion and distrust continue to get worse and worse.

Lewis will NOT be SoFA God willing
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2005, 07:08:22 PM »

but my guess is that since he never had an avatar before registering to vote, he probably thought that once he had voted, it was ok to take it down.

Actually, skybridge had his avatar for awhile before the election. I have people that can back me up on that.

Before the election, yes. Did he have one before he registered to vote? I thought I remember him asking how to put one up, since he needed one in order to vote.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2005, 07:09:58 PM »

Do you see the Senate confirming Lewis after this fiasco?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2005, 07:13:16 PM »

Do you see the Senate confirming Lewis after this fiasco?

that's what I meant Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 07:18:32 PM »

President
2. Al / Siege40
3. KEmperor / Alcon
Senate
Nym90

What is this then?
I don't know what that is, but no one I'm aware of him sent him a ballot like that.  Anyhow, how does "Since it was all done for me" translate to "Someone sent me a ballot that looked like this and told me to copy and paste it into the voting booth?"
Anyhow, I can't believe everyone is accusing me of doing it when I did nothing of the sort.

It isn't much of a leap of the imagination to arive at that conclusion.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 07:23:29 PM »

With all the bitching from both sides i'm a little surprised there havn't been any official protests yet.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2005, 06:40:04 AM »

I already have answered your question regarding skybridge's vote. Anyways it doesn't count.

"I didn't want to be President" oh well ... words come back to haunt you ... it's an overstatement. I didn't want to be President bad enough to be ready to take four months like those first two hours. It's just a game, guys. This worn't no game anymore.
I'm sick and tired of a certain gaggle of people that I could go onto another long rant about ... but they probably wouldn't listen anyways ... I'll probably regret sparing you this rant, though.
And I still hold that Al and I were tied. And I have hinted in the campaign, numerous times, that I'd be just fine with an Al presidency. Remember that I used to be Al's running mate, after all. And I have said, several times around New Years Week, that we needed a second candidate because just having a small bunch of people crowning a President in the middle of his predecessors term was the worst thing that could happen to Atlasia. After Pete gave up and Hugh gave up and Nym gave up, that's when I decided to run myself. (Funny how none of them voted for me, btw. Smiley ) Defarge, even.
Now, some sort of settlement to this election has been found. Okay. I accept it. As to how active I'll remain...I dunno. I guess this thing is addictive. But you'll likely see me spend much more time on International Elections and Sex threads than down here.
I got some newfound powers as Pacific Lt.Gov. ... unless you wanna try and impeach me ... but that's got time.

Oh, one or two more things that I DO need to say.Won't be able to sleep otherwise
A coalition of all of the center and right, Don? Check the voting thread. Read it thoroughly.  See just how many of them decided not to vote for KEmp. A coalition of all of the Center and Right would have won this thing easily. But KEmp was not the sort of candidate to accomplish that with. Not saying that Al or I were better candidates. The choices for moderates really were not nice. (Though KEmp did have the most wisely chosen running mate.) Not that I EVER had a 9, or even an 8, score on the Political Compass score. I'll leave that to your "moderate".
Oh my...it is a long rant after all...
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2005, 07:00:54 AM »

Beyond the fact that the Political compass isn't the be-all and end-all of whether somebody is extreme or not, you were never a moderate choice in my opinion, not to say that either of the other candidates was particuarly the centrist choice if you were going by ideology.

Of course the centre fractured and that doesn't surprise me, I largely expected it to.

I never gave up; I'm still here. I've worked in the federal government and its too slow in my opinion. I didn't want to be President, hence I decided not to run. I am quite content being a Governor: I have some modicum of power both Regionally and on the national stage in terms of the redistricting process.

Beyond that I mostly hang around because I like to talk with the guys during the evenings. Thats something that people also non-AIM/TS people have to understand - we're not just here for the electoral fun, we're here from a social aspect as well.

If you want to go, I imagine a lot of people wouldn't mind. Personally I'm not bothered, though I suspect it'll be tough on you.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2005, 09:23:06 AM »

Beyond the fact that the Political compass isn't the be-all and end-all of whether somebody is extreme or not,
true
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes, I said that. Or did I? Anyways I meant that. There were no moderate choices.

Yes...I can see you know what I meant though.
Of course. Of course you are. If there weren't a social aspect, I wouldn't be here. Right? I mean what's the point of playing a game where there is no social aspect? And to me Atlasia is a game.

No comment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies