A few questions, for clarification.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A few questions, for clarification.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A few questions, for clarification.  (Read 1448 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »

I don't see any evidence that there was a coordinated effort between Al and Lewis over anything. Lewis felt that he lost, and he wanted to win fair and square (you can disagree with whether he won fairly or not, but I think it's pretty reprehensible that people are jumping to conclusions about his motives).

Regarding the "I never wanted to be President in the first place" comment, I'd like some clarification on that, but he may be referring to what he thought at the time he got in (before everyone goes saying that he shouldn't have gotten into the race if he didn't intend to win, remember that he figured he'd be a minor fringe candidate, and that he was therefore running to send a message; third party candidates do this all the time in the real USA, I'm sure they know full well they won't win and may not actually want to).

At any rate, the "Lewis won because of inactives" banners aren't making things any better, and they are factually inaccurate if one's definition of an inactive is someone who fails the 25 posts limit that will soon go into effect.

In fact, of the 6 votes that would have been thrown out under the new rules, Kemp actually had 3, Lewis 1, Al 1, and one had no vote for President (Demrepdan).

No one is making a "Naso won because of inactives" banner, even though he would have lost under the new rules. Bitterness and insulting the intelligence of the voters isn't usually a good way to win future elections.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies