SENATE BILL: Atlasian Senior Care Act (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:27:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasian Senior Care Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasian Senior Care Act (Law'd)  (Read 5329 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »

I object. 5% is insane, so 2.5% is worse. That is giving people free housing and food for 10$/month. People in hospice care will obviously have less expenses (because hospice care takes care of some needs), so it's normal than a signifcant part of their income goes to housing/food, like everyone.

It would be unfair for working people which have to work to get housing and food to give those things for free to seniors.

So what would you propose instead? Allowing working people to get housing and food for free? (I'd totally be down for that, but this Senate likely won't) Or encouraging seniors to die quickly?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »

I object. 5% is insane, so 2.5% is worse. That is giving people free housing and food for 10$/month. People in hospice care will obviously have less expenses (because hospice care takes care of some needs), so it's normal than a signifcant part of their income goes to housing/food, like everyone.

It would be unfair for working people which have to work to get housing and food to give those things for free to seniors.

So what would you propose instead? Allowing working people to get housing and food for free? (I'd totally be down for that, but this Senate likely won't) Or encouraging seniors to die quickly?

Raising the cost they'll pay. As all their subsitence fees will be covered by the hospice, they won't spend as much money. I'm pretty sure than most people spend more than 2.5% of their income on housing and food. If retirees decide to go in hospice, it's normal than they contribute twoards food and housing costs, in fairness to all other retirees which aren't in hospice.

Why do you want so low of a percentage? Why they shouldn't really contribute to their housing and food fees?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor Feedback: Hostile
Status: Objection Filed by Senator MaxQue, a vote is now open on the above amendment, Senators please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:50 PM »

Nay
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

Nay
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

NAY
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:32 AM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »

One more nay, or more day. What's it gonna be?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »

Your chose, poorly. Tongue

Vote on Amendment 56:66:

Aye (1): TNF
Nay (5): MaxQue, Napoleon, NC Yankee, sbane and TJ in cleve
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (4): bore, Gass3268, HagridoftheDeep, and Polnut - This is ridiculous!

The amendment has failed.

What now?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »

If only the penalty for such choices were the same, then this would at least be entertaining. Evil

Thursday! If nothing happens this goes to a final vote before the Senate ends.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 05:58:45 PM »

Damn, even the bgwah strategy isn't working here.

Last day to get some direction here.

As the text currently stands, what are its deficiencies? How are they to be improved? What alternative structures are desired if the present one is lacking? If funding is a concern, how do we pay for it?

I am one of ten, I cannot answer these questions isolation that are to be answered by the collective opinion of six or more of us.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »

Well, we still have no clue how this will cost. How are we supposed to have an opinion without that important information?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »

Were any requests placed with the GM before he called a halt to further such information given pending his leaving the post?

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2013, 11:32:10 AM by Senator Maxwell »

Here's a boring procedural thing: In the original bill, Section 11 references itself for the age limits, when age limits are specifically mentioned in Section 10. I could make an amendment on that, along with the idea that giving extra 15 years of full benefits for particularly hard jobs but only 10 years of partial benefits is something I wish to amend, so that it is evenly weighted.

Here's an amendment idea I had:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I fully expect this to be hostile, but who knows.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »

I am completely and totally opposed to that amendment. We should not create separate classes where none exist presently, so far as job category is concerned.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »

I am completely and totally opposed to that amendment. We should not create separate classes where none exist presently, so far as job category is concerned.

Well, if you look at the actual bill this stems from, it already does so. I am just balancing it out. It is my mistake of bolding the whole thing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »

I fully expect this to be hostile, but who knows.

Roll Eyes WTF
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »

Since the bill you had was an amendment to the original bill, I decided to read section six through and through and saw some things that could use changes. I mean, again, debating issues is good dude.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »

Since the bill you had was an amendment to the original bill, I decided to read section six through and through and saw some things that could use changes. I mean, again, debating issues is good dude.

Debating issues is fine. Cranking it up to maximum douchebaggery in multiple threads is what bothers me. Why do you "fully expect it to be hostile"?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »

Debating issues is fine. Cranking it up to maximum douchebaggery in multiple threads is what bothers me. Why do you "fully expect it to be hostile"?

"maximum douchebaggery"? I was just being a Senator, trying to start on a good foot. I thought it was going to hostile because I was lessening benefits in the name of consistency.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »

"maximum douchebaggery"? I was just being a Senator, trying to start on a good foot. I thought it was going to hostile because I was lessening benefits in the name of consistency.

Well after accusing me of wanting to obliterate the foundations of Atlasia and other things...

I don't see how passing judgment on the sponsor of a bill is trying to start on a good foot. I'm not illiterate.

"Hi guys! I have somethinf that could improve the bill, so the sponsor probably won't want it"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »

Well after accusing me of wanting to obliterate the foundations of Atlasia and other things...

I don't see how passing judgment on the sponsor of a bill is trying to start on a good foot. I'm not illiterate.

"Hi guys! I have somethinf that could improve the bill, so the sponsor probably won't want it"

Well, I'm sorry I was accusatory, I just was thinking that anything that may cut benefits would possibly be against your purpose of this bill, and you might've been hostile to it. Sorry.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »

Well if that's how you keant it then I apologize for taking it wrong but I don't know, you've been the same way in two other threads....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies