The future of the two parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  The future of the two parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The future of the two parties  (Read 5840 times)
DS0816
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2013, 03:46:40 AM »

I agree with the late comedian George Carlin: "This country was bought and sold a long time ago."

While this topic is interesting, I prefer to think about "the future" of me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »

Yeah but that's of no interest to anybody else.
DS0816
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »

Yeah but that's of no interest to anybody else.

Actually, opebo, that should be everyone's answer. I said nothing of encouraging forum members creating and posting such a thread topic. That would be ruinous.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

We're off topic. Again I see the Republicans continuing to nominate moderate populists like McCain, Romney, Christie, and my kind of guys. Democrats seem like they'll be taking more chances. Despite a terrific performance, early on his ideology was scary.
hopper
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:24 AM »

We're off topic. Again I see the Republicans continuing to nominate moderate populists like McCain, Romney, Christie, and my kind of guys. Democrats seem like they'll be taking more chances. Despite a terrific performance, early on his ideology was scary.
Christie is rated as a "Moderate Populist" by ontheissues.org yes. McCain is rated as a "Hard-Core Conservative" and Romney was rated as a Populist-leaning Conservative by on theissues.org. Yes Romney was only rated as 60% conservative on economic issues(moderate, right of center) but was rated only 8% liberal on social issues(pretty conservative.)

The Democrats are getting old I mean who do they have to run for Prez after Hillary? Duval Patrick or Corey Booker? I could see Booker running but not Duval. I know demography wise the electorate is going their way but their future presidential candidates don't  look as good as the Republicans. I actually said something positive about the R's for once!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »

Christie is rated as a "Moderate Populist" by ontheissues.org yes. McCain is rated as a "Hard-Core Conservative" and Romney was rated as a Populist-leaning Conservative by on theissues.org. Yes Romney was only rated as 60% conservative on economic issues(moderate, right of center) but was rated only 8% liberal on social issues(pretty conservative.)

The Democrats are getting old I mean who do they have to run for Prez after Hillary? Duval Patrick or Corey Booker? I could see Booker running but not Duval. I know demography wise the electorate is going their way but their future presidential candidates don't  look as good as the Republicans. I actually said something positive about the R's for once!

I'm not sure I'd go completely by ontheissues.org as much as from following their careers. I've noticed they're very selective with the statements and bills included in their information. As for future Democrats, the only person I can think of besides Clinton who would help the Democrats win the White House is Andrew Cuomo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies