Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:01:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV)  (Read 2953 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »

Mitch McConnell- lots of people are laughing at this but I'm serious.
I'm not laughing.  Never was.

Anyway, here would be my list.  This doesn't necessarily take into account how these states voted in 2012, and we don't even know who's running in some of these races (colors are for the party currently holding the office):

2013 Governor
Virginia

2014 Governor
Arkansas
Florida
Illinois
Maine
Michigan
Ohio
Pennsylvania

Rhode Island
South Carolina

2014 Senate
Alaska
Arkansas

Georgia
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Montana
New Hampshire
North Carolina
South Dakota
West Virginia[/color]

2015 Governor
Kentucky
Louisiana

2016 Governor
Delaware
Missouri
Montana

North Carolina
Washington
West Virginia

2016 Senate
Arizona
Colorado
Florida
Illinois
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri

Nevada
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin

2017 Governor
New Jersey
Virginia
(Depends on who wins this year)

2018 Governor
None
(Depends on who wins in 2014)

2018 Senate
Arizona
Florida
Indiana

Maine (For both parties)
Massachusetts
Michigan
Missouri
Montana

Nebraska
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Conclusion: 2014 could be a good year for Republicans in the Senate but for either party for Governors; 2016 should be good for Democrats for Senate and Republicans for Governors; 2018 should be good for Republicans for Senate.

Looks okay, except you might want to add Connecticut and Massachusetts to 2014 Gov seats your party's targeting. Malloy has mediocre approvals, and Democrats might be running Martha fing Coakley again in MA. For Senate that year NH is likely out of the question, given how hard of a time the Republicans are having finding candidates.

2015/2016 looks good. Maybe I'd put Iowa in there if Grassley leaves and take out Delaware (Castle seems to be the only one who's able to win, and Beau Biden is waiting in the wings). ND won't be targeted at all either. Hoeven was more popular than Jesus Christ when he left for the Senate, and I don't assume that's changed. We've got a better chance at picking up Utah or Wyoming than North Dakota.

For 2017 I'd definitely put both down. Virginia only lets its governors serve for one term, and New Jersey's going to be heavily targeted by Democrats whether Guadagno takes over or not. 2018 I'd switch out Nebraska for Nevada and take off MA. Warren is a good fit for the state and it was reasonably difficult for Democrats to beat Fischer without incumbency. Nevada's trending Atlas red though. Hell, even New Jersey could find its way on here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies