Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:07:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opposite Party Targets 2013-2018 (SEN and GOV)  (Read 2971 times)
hopper
United States

« on: August 15, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »

Only quibble: Pubs would target Bennet and Reid in '16, especially if Gardner/Sandoval can be recruited.

If Bennett and Reid couldn't be beaten in a year like 2010, they won't lose in a Presidential year.  Neither of those states are getting any easier for Republicans.

I get you on Bennet, but Reid faced an awful candidate. If Governor Sandoval runs, I find it hard to believe Reid would win re-election. Other than Sandoval, though, Nevada's bench looks not too great.
Reid will probably retire and remember Cortez-Masto is looking either looking to run for either Governor or US Senate in the near future. I don't think she will run for 1 of the 4 US House Seats in NV in the near future.  The NV Dems have Miller(The Secretary of State) waiting in the wings too ready to run for Governor or even US Senate.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »

The R's almost had Reid beat in 1998. He only beat John Ensign by 400 votes that year. Reid being pro-life and pro-gun may have saved him that year. NV was still Moderately Republican back then. It wasn't a battleground state back then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies