6th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:58:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  6th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: 6th Pacific Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 2692 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »

The Voice of the People Amendment

Article 5, Section 1, shall have a third clause added.

Clause 3 shall read:

3. When the Liberal Court makes a decision, it shall be the right of any resident of the Pacific to start a petition to overhaul the Supreme Court decision. Should the petition reach 5 signatures of Pacific residents, the Governor shall open a Voting Booth to overhaul the Supreme Court decision for 72 hours. If 2/3 of the population votes to overhaul the decision, it shall be overhauled.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

Fixing the Third Pacific Constitution Amendment

The Third Pacific Constitution is amended as such. No changes have been made to amend the spirit of the words in question. Some grammar has been altered, some clauses have been clarified, and some duplicate statements have been deleted.

Article 1, Section 1, Clause 5 is removed and the subsequent clauses in the section are re-numbered to reflect said change. Various other changes are made in the Section to benefit clarity.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Article 5, Section 1, Clause 2 is amended to read:

Is this one amendment or two?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »

In the future, we should set an informal cap of 5 open threads at a time. 9 is too many.
If Seatown did his job, I wouldn't have to wait three days to open each thread and we wouldn't have this much buildup.

Well, yes Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

Fixing the Third Pacific Constitution Amendment

The Third Pacific Constitution is amended as such. No changes have been made to amend the spirit of the words in question. Some grammar has been altered, some clauses have been clarified, and some duplicate statements have been deleted.

Article 1, Section 1, Clause 5 is removed and the subsequent clauses in the section are re-numbered to reflect said change. Various other changes are made in the Section to benefit clarity.

Article 5, Section 1, Clause 2 is amended to read:

Is this one amendment or two?

It's one amendment, but we could make it two, if you want. In both cases, the spirit of the law isn't being changed so I just kept them together.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »

College Education Act
1. All people who want to go to a public university has the right to go and it will be payed by the government of the Pacific.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »

Awesome Anthem Act

The official anthem of the Pacific Region shall be "Atlas," by Coldplay.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »

I'd like to apologize to the other regions for clogging up the Regional Governments section. Once the amount of threads is brought down, I will not have more than five open at a time.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2013, 11:48:12 AM by DemPGH, V.P. »

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a reason that it appears that Constitutional amendment threads are not being opened? Does the Council do that? If so, and with the NM inactive and otherwise worthless, that could be a problem. Confirm for me that it's just not getting done and I'll see what I can do - I might be able to appeal to the Supreme Court, but I need to research it.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a reason that it appears that Constitutional amendment threads are not being opened? Does the Council do that? If so, and with the NM inactive and otherwise worthless, that could be a problem. Confirm for me that it's just not getting done and I'll see what I can do - I might be able to appeal to the Supreme Court, but I need to research it.
It's the Speaker's job. Tyrion's executive order allows him to open it if Seatown hasn't within three days.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

Yeah, what PJ said.

Also, I think, at this point, we're only behind on the one that just passed (repeal of "We need more political parties"), and I have the mandate to open the thread myself soon.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »

We still need to open the voting booth....
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

It hasn't been 72 hours yet. All in good time, my dear Jacob Tiver.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »

This all sounds good, guys. and thanks for being on it! Yes, I remember Tyrion's exec orders, I thought they had something to do with this. Very good. You guys are doing great working around the duds here, or at least trying to. Smiley
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »

Announcement from RSoW:

Just to keep things more organized for myself and the council, I will be updating the wiki every Friday.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »

Pacific Town Hall Act

This will amend the Random Acronym Relating to Council Order

SECTION 1:

That this Council decries any lack of regional political activity at any time, we therefore introduce the following resolution.

SECTION 2:

1. Pacific Councillors shall hold weekly town hall style conversations in their offices.

2. The Governor may also hold weekly town hall conversations in their offices.

3. Pacific citizens should be actively encouraged to participate and question their legislators. A citizen may pose as many questions as they wish until the town hall is at an end.

SECTION 3:

1. Any Councillor who misses three town hall during one council session without a leave of absence posted beforehand will immediately be dismissed from their position as councilor.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2013, 03:50:43 PM by Obama's human has killing drug kitty »

[quote]The "If this region is gonna exist, it might as well be giving me free pot" Act

*The Pacific Government shall provide marijuana free of charge to all Pacific residents 16 years of age or older, under the auspices of the Atlasian National Healthcare Act.

*To promote tourism and boost the Pacific economy, the government shall sell marijuana to non-Pacific residents in the same manner as described above, but for a charge of 50% of the price the government paid to acquire the marijuana plus sales tax.

*All purchases/distributions under the above terms shall be limited to an amount less than $100 in cost to the government to purchase per person per day.

*The government may only purchase marijuana from worker's cooperatives organized and governed democratically along the principle of one worker, one vote. The government will send inspectors at least twice a year to verify that all production facilities operate according to reasonable production standards.

*The government shall open dispensaries to distribute marijuana under the above program. Enough dispensaries shall be opened that 98% of the population of the region shall live within one hour average driving time from at least one dispensary and 66% will live within a half hour's average driving time.

*April 20th shall be declared a regional holiday, and all public and private sector employees in the region (with the exception of those whose jobs are necessary to deal with potentially life-threatening emergencies) shall be given the day off as vacation time. Workers shall still be paid by their employer an amount equal to the average wage they would receive on that day were it not a holiday.

*This bill may also be cited as the "Kitteh Memorial 'look I did something while I'm on the council lol' Act"
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »

Revised Discussion Time Act.

1. This will be added to the Random Acronym Relating to Council Order.

2. The Speaker of the Pacific Council must give the sponsor of a bill being debated as much time as they need to post a response, which will be considered the sponsoring of the bill. Constitutional amendments are excluded.

3. A final vote will not be held until called for by the sponsor of the bill. If the Sponsor of said bill is not on a leave of absence, and posts nothing in the piece of legislation's thread for three days, a final vote may be called for by another member of the council. If the bill is a federal constitutional amendment, or otherwise lacks a sponsor, a majority of the council must call for a vote.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »

It's been more than 72 hours!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2013, 12:22:24 AM »

We're talking about ratification, right? That's been open for quite a while. The recall election is going up now.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2013, 12:21:36 PM »

We're talking about ratification, right? That's been open for quite a while. The recall election is going up now.

The "We Need Less Political Parties" voting booth is open?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=180014.0
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

Y'all need to vote on all our current legislation so I can open threads on the:

Awesome Anthem Act
Pacific Town Hall Act
If This Region's Gonna Exist, It Might As Well Be Giving Me Free Pot Act
Revised Discussion Time Act
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »

I'd like to apologize to the other regions for clogging up the Regional Governments section. Once the amount of threads is brought down, I will not have more than five open at a time.
Changing it to 10 for now, the Council is too backed up by a cap of 5.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »

Changing it to 10 for now, the Council is too backed up by a cap of 5.

With the Council session ending in 3 days, I would suggest not introducing anything else.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »

So, new thread?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies