Zeb for Governor Campaign thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:18:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Zeb for Governor Campaign thread!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zeb for Governor Campaign thread!  (Read 1891 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:32:43 AM »

Good day my fellow southerners!! This will be my new campaign thread for governor and I'd like to first say that I am glad to be back in the south. Life in Nyman is definately tough and cold and distant from my homeland. But now that I am back home I want to stay active in representing your interests nationally. Thats why I have decided to step up and run for governor. Ernest left some really big shoes that my tiny feet won't be able to fill but I'm gonna try. Smiley We have a lot of work to do to make the southeast a better place for ALL its' citizens and I am open to questions from those living in the region. This will be my thread to give speechs and ask questions. So I now welcome any questions. I see that I now have an opponent as well, Mr Harry. Now Harry is a good man, don't get me wrong there. But do we really need a man who is as liberal as Harry in the southeast? Certainly not. I am your choice for a strong conservative with firm values and firm stances on the issues. I ask for your vote in this special election.

Thank you and good day.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 01:44:37 AM »

What specific legislative initatives do you have in mind to propose and what things would you like to change about the Southeastern Government?

Will you be as active as Gov. Ernest was in new bills and legislation, or will you run government at a much more normal pace?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 01:50:45 AM »

What specific legislative initatives do you have in mind to propose and what things would you like to change about the Southeastern Government?

I would really pretty much keep things on pace and keep the government in the southeast active. I have not thought of any specific legislation as of yet as its pretty early on. Though I would like to work on tax issues, regional defense, and infrastructure building.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will propose new bills and legislation but certainly not as many as Gov. Ernest. I plan on slowing down the govt in that respect as I hate red tape with a passion. I've worked in Nyman a long time and I've seen the impact of an overextended government. But I certainly will be open to proposals by citzens and I definately would enjoy getting help in my work from citzens.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 04:15:15 PM »

Well, I think you'll probably get my vote.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:08:40 PM »

Whew... I'm glad I'm not in the Southeast... oh shi.... Wink

Siege
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 05:36:29 PM »

Whew... I'm glad I'm not in the Southeast... oh shi.... Wink

Siege

Remember the Southeast Governor's Races have approval voting.  You vote for whomever you approve of.  Can even be yourself.  Smiley
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:19:56 PM »

What would you do to better the Public Education System?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »

Good question.

What is your stance on racial segregation in schools and public areas such as restaraunts and movie theaters?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »

What is your stance on racial segregation in schools and public areas such as restaraunts and movie theaters?

I strongly believe in equality for all individuals. I also believe in a businesses right to serve who they want when they want. This is really an issue that should be left up to the states. I do not believe in any form of segregation.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 02:01:56 PM »

I strongly believe in equality for all individuals. I also believe in a businesses right to serve who they want when they want. This is really an issue that should be left up to the states. I do not believe in any form of segregation.

In other words, government can't segregate, but business can if they want. Fine with me - that's my stance. In this day and age, if a business had a 'no coloreds' sign, you can gaurantee that they'll lose a huge chunk of their white customers as well as all the blacks - it would be a stupid business decision if you're out to make money.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 03:01:15 PM »

By the grace of God, they might do that today.  But in 1960, they wouldn't have.  It took government intervention to help people end their hateful ways.

In other words, government can't segregate, but business can if they want. Fine with me - that's my stance. In this day and age, if a business had a 'no coloreds' sign, you can gaurantee that they'll lose a huge chunk of their white customers as well as all the blacks - it would be a stupid business decision if you're out to make money.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 03:12:50 PM »

By the grace of God, they might do that today.  But in 1960, they wouldn't have.  It took government intervention to help people end their hateful ways.

Well 1960 was 1960, we live in 2005 right now and we have no right to judge the people of the past based on our current set of ideals, beliefs and morals (not that many have much of the last set anymore).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 01:01:12 AM »

---Charleston, SC

Good Morning!

I come to you today to speak on accusations that have been made against me by my opponent Harry. Harry has said I believe in racial segregation by businesses. I must state that this is absolutely incorrect and borderline slanderous. I believe a business has the right to run itself as it sees fit. I don't believe in such silly laws as smoking bans and the like. A business should be able to run itself as it sees fit and should not be under the thumb of the local, state or federal government. I believe in basic civil rights for all Atlasians and I have stated this many times in the past. My problem is sometimes I feel civil rights has gone to far in that it become detrimental to how businesses are run. I absolutely am against Affirmative Action as it is a form of reverse discrimination. I believe one of the few powers the Atlasian government SHOULD have over the regions is civil rights. As long as a business is not making racial segregation a policy to future employees or customers, I promise I will not intervene to stop them in their decisions. But I warn them, if they wish to go the route of racial segregation then I will come down with a strong hand and show them what I mean by enforcement of laws. Thank you and good day.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 01:18:19 AM »

---Plant City, Florida

Good Morning and what a beautiful day for a fair!

I come to you today to speak about Public Education. It has been mentioned quite a lot in my campaign run for Governor and I would like to speak on the issue now. I strongly believe that public schools should be run by the state and not by the federal government. We have seen for a long time what the results of federally funded schools have been. And I must say that it's not been very pretty. Our schools are our community simply put and the children there are our future. Communities must be tight and must stick together in order to survive in todays rough world. I am strongly against busing of any sort and I believe children should go to the local school nearest to them. I am strongly in favor of schools being tested and scored. Once the results are in on these schools we need to keep status quo for high scoring schools and begin focusing more of our attention on the poorly run schools. We need to have more power to rid Atlasian schools of bad teachers and even worse principles. We need to focus on reading, writing and arithmetic as well as many other varied subjects. I really feel that schools have lost their abilities to actually teach students useful skills. Thats why I am in favor for bringing back shop class and home economics. These two subjects are very very important because it teaches children how to use their hands to actually do something. What good is a population of adults who do not know how to use their hands to work and depend on paying higher prices to hire someone once they own their own home? I see schooling as just the first step in ones very full life and if we can teach children useful skills in school then I feel crime would go down as a result and poverty would decline. I strongly favor each individual state implenting such classes as carpentry, car repair, and home upkeep into all the schools of Atlasia. It may cost us more in the short term but imagine how much it will save us in the long run  if every Atlasian knows how to fix their own property. I thank you for your time and may everyone enjoy the Florida Strawberry Festival. Now it's time for my strawberry shortcake. Smiley

God Bless Atlasia and the South East Region!

<Dixie Plays>
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 02:24:13 AM »

BumB for vigor and honesty and just 'cause I want to! Wink Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 05:11:26 PM »

---Charleston, SC

Good Morning!

I come to you today to speak on accusations that have been made against me by my opponent Harry. Harry has said I believe in racial segregation by businesses. I must state that this is absolutely incorrect and borderline slanderous. I believe a business has the right to run itself as it sees fit. I don't believe in such silly laws as smoking bans and the like. A business should be able to run itself as it sees fit and should not be under the thumb of the local, state or federal government. I believe in basic civil rights for all Atlasians and I have stated this many times in the past. My problem is sometimes I feel civil rights has gone to far in that it become detrimental to how businesses are run. I absolutely am against Affirmative Action as it is a form of reverse discrimination. I believe one of the few powers the Atlasian government SHOULD have over the regions is civil rights. As long as a business is not making racial segregation a policy to future employees or customers, I promise I will not intervene to stop them in their decisions. But I warn them, if they wish to go the route of racial segregation then I will come down with a strong hand and show them what I mean by enforcement of laws. Thank you and good day.

Harry said no such thing and neither did I. The words "segregation" and "discrimination" are not synonymous.

In response to an earlier question: "  What is your stance on racial segregation in schools and public areas such as restaraunts and movie theaters?"

You said:
"I strongly believe in equality for all individuals. I also believe in a businesses right to serve who they want when they want.  "

Which, if law, would mean businesses could tell people "We will not sell to you because of your color." Whether or not this is prudent business is an issue for businesspeople. Whether or not it is a violation of one's right to equal treatment based on something other than behavior, is a matter for lawmakers. If you truly support civil rights, you would have said that businesses cannot deny services to a person based solely on their color. If you believe businesspeople may do this, say so, everybody likes a decisive leader more than a flip-flopper or a suck up, right?

No one accused you of supporting segregation, quite the opposite. Your averting the question of discrimination makes me think you don't really want to make your position clear on business's "right" to discriminate based on color of skin. If a business can say "We won't serve you because you are black (or white or yellow)." that is a violation of one's civil rights. I wished to gauge Harry of his position since he is running and since he is attorney general.

I made an accusation about you, not Harry as you claim. And the accusation was about discrimination, not segregation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 05:12:20 PM »

I definitely NEVER made such an acusation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies