Are you a good schmoozer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:02:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you a good schmoozer?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are you a good schmoozer?  (Read 2158 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »

Not particularly. I have my moments, but in general I don't do that kind of foreplay too well. Now Memo on the other hand, can charm the pants off anyone without breaking a sweat. So we make a pretty good, good cop, bad cop, team.

As I've noted before, you are an adorable couple, even though I'm sure he'd could charm your pants off without schmoozing.

But have you never had to schmooze, judges, juries, albeit with some taste?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2013, 12:35:23 PM by Torie »

Sure, but it was work - it did not come naturally. The way I handled it, and do handle it, is that I pretend that I am in a stage play, and consider it all a theatrical performance. As many actors will tell you, when the klieg lights go on, they become a different person. They may be naturally shy, but when acting, it is not about them, it is all about the performance. I actually try to choreograph some of the "scenes" in advance. Anyway, now that I am very contented with my life, and myself, and quite happy, it is somewhat less work.

And yes, it does not take too much foreplay at all to get my pants off.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »

Sure, but it was work - it did not come naturally. The way I handled it, and do handle it, is that I pretend that I am in a stage play, and consider it all a theatrical performance. As many actors will tell you, when the klieg lights go on, they become a different person. They may be naturally shy, but when acting, it is not about them, it is all about the performance. I actually try to choreograph some of the "scenes" in advance. Anyway, now that I am very contented with my life, and myself, and quite happy, it is somewhat less work.

And yes, it does not take too much foreplay at all to get my pants off.
Part of schmoozing is acting.  You're purposely talking about inane things for the purpose of conversation that is pleasant and non-confrontational.

Around here it is such an integral part of life, that pretty much anybody can do it.  People think it's fake... no.. it makes for a truly better society.  Why?  Because people who talk to each other for no reason at all also tend to talk to people when they have a reason to.

Just the other day the girl who cut my hair told me she lost a newborn to SIDS.  That's a tragedy and in most places, they would never share such a personal thing.  But it's obviously how she helps cope and deal with it.  She talks about it to people and people offer her sympathy.

This candidness with communication leads to a society that "works".
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies