How liberal/conservative are you compared to your friends and family?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:06:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How liberal/conservative are you compared to your friends and family?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How liberal/conservative are you compared to your friends and family?  (Read 2435 times)
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 12:49:04 AM »

Family
Parents - I'm way to the right of both of them, the last time either of them would have voted Republican would have been the 1950s.
Mum's side - Mainly left-wingers of various flavours, with a couple of Pauline Hanson style populists. So very much to the right, although to the left of the Hansonites on race/immigration.
Dad's side - More mixed, a couple of conservatives, but they are CINOs in comparison to myself. So again, very much to the right.

Friends
Here's where it gets more interesting, most of my friends don't follow politics to the same extent I do, I still have an idea of where most of them lean though. I have friends all over the spectrum: A few progressives, some centre-lefties, some who are apathetic towards politics, a couple of swing voters, some of which I have no idea, and a couple of conservatives. A couple of my friends' positions on specific issues (once again, mainly immigration, although a couple are more interventionist than me on wars and the like) aside, I'm once again, generally to the right of my friends.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies