Party idea, two right wing parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Party idea, two right wing parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Party idea, two right wing parties  (Read 3950 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2013, 12:19:08 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then why did Christ say, "He made them male and female?" It's all connected together. The ideal of marriage is one man and one woman, and Christ explicitly stated this as so. Everything outside of this is sin.

Again, he specifically affirmed that marriage is between one man and one woman. This *IS* significant, since SJoyce was stating how he could 'reconcile' his Christianity with support for gay marriage. The two are not compatible and gay marriage is incompatible with the Christian definition of marriage as Christ himself stated.

"not doing so wouldn't have made sense given the nature of most same-sex relationships at that time."

If Jesus Christ were merely 'expressing the concept of marriage at the time', why did the disciples say after, "if that is the case it is better for a man and a woman not to marry?" Jesus expressed the transcendent definition of marriage - marriage for all times.

So, show me. Where is there any evidence whatsoever that Jesus said, "gender is irrelevant to marriage" You said it. Where is this? I don't see it.

You've got absolutely nothing. There's no evidence for your position whatsoever.

Conservatives who have expressed their opinion that gay marriage is wrong have been fired. So yes, gay marriage does have a profound negative effect on my life.

So, any *other* terrible arguments? ".

No need to be snippy.  You really don't have a reason to be.  If Jesus was trying to condemn gay couples, He would have made that perfectly clear.  The passage in question is about divorce and only about divorce.  The Pharisees specifically asked Him if it is lawful for a man to divorce his wife, NOTHING about whether it's wrong to be in a gay relationship.  The Pharisees argued that if divorce is wrongful, than people are better off not to marry at all, but Jesus responded by saying that there are eunuchs who were born that way and people who choose to live like eunuchs, and not marry.  Again, nothing about gays.  You are inserting things into scripture that aren't there just because you don't like gay people.  You are continuously shifting the burden of proof to SJoyce and myself when it is clearly your duty to prove that Jesus explicitly condemned same-sex relationships.  You are the one who made the case that gender is relevant in a marriage according to Christ, so you must prove that is what He said.  I cannot prove a negative.

Not only are you intellectually dishonest, you are unintelligent.  Now, until you can provide solid evidence that Jesus specifically condemned same-sex relationships in the context of condemning same-sex relationships, I refuse to engage with you any longer.  How does that sound? Smiley

And for the record, plenty of people have been fired simply for being gay.  Do you have any problems with that?  Probably not.

Idiot.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

Well, at least this thread clears up many of the reasons why I wanted Ben Kenobi expelled from the party. Maybe I shouldn't have let his vote for Nix be the straw that broke the camel's back, but boy was that camel ever carrying a lot of straw.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »

Robin Thicke says no to this thread.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35