Party idea, two right wing parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Party idea, two right wing parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Party idea, two right wing parties  (Read 3934 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: August 26, 2013, 02:14:13 AM »

Griffin, I feel deeply flattered by your sudden interest in the well-being of Atlasian conservatives. Smiley

Believe it or not, there's actually some genuine sentiment behind it. Smiley

It's quite evident that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between different groups within the Federalist Party. I can't even blame you for that - you are part of the Labor Party leadership so weakening our party is in your interest - but it's fairly obvious what you're trying here.

I can assure you that if I were still in leadership, this GOTV wouldn't look like it does. Wink

Of course I'm trying to drive a wedge in, but that does not mean that what I am saying is not true. You're an ideologue, yourself: how does it feel to have to constantly water down your selection and positions (when they're actually articulated) for no good reason? It's not the Whig Party anymore. I keep hearing about this unified right - a unified right can elect whatever type of candidate it wants to at this point. There's no reason you guys couldn't have elected JCL & Maxwell, and you know it. Continue on this path and you'll beat the new merger going on in the other thread for the title of Liberal 2.0. You'll win elections but you'll accomplish jack-shit in terms of conservative governance.

The far-right in this party needs to make its voice heard and demand representation. If it can't succeed in that, then it should take its votes elsewhere.

Here's the issue Griffin: the party doesn't decide who we're going to elect. We don't sit down and try to rig elections on behalf of two of our candidates at the expense of a third. We have some degree of GOTV obviously, but the party isn't telling people whom to vote for beyond listing our candidates. The candidates themselves sometimes tell people whom to vote for naturally Wink, but the party isn't going to carve ourselves into nice little factions and tell people, okay now this group vote for JCL and this group vote for Maxwell, and have no one vote for Tmth because, apparently he's the type of nebulous moderate we need to purge ourselves of in case we are ever in danger of winning elections. Maybe Labor runs itself like the Soviet Gulag, but the Federalists do not.
Labor is more of a good 'ol boys club.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies