Christie vs Biden 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:51:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Christie vs Biden 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie vs Biden 2016  (Read 3524 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »

Current polls are consistently showing Joe Biden being handed an electoral b***h-slap by Chris Christie (Christie is boasting double-didget leads in OH, IA, and CO, as well as leading in New Jersey and Virginia).

Question: If the 2016 election is between Chris Christie and Joe Biden, and the economy (and Obama's approval) continue on their current trends, what will the popular/electoral totals look like?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »

This is a bad economy for a lot of people regardless of what the media tells people about their own finances. I'm thinking Christie wins everything to the right of New Jersey except Washington and Maine if you count those as to the right of New Jersey. Michigan, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Oregon are toss ups.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 04:43:23 PM »

Gov. Chris Christie R-NJ/Gov. Susana Martinez R-NM 271 EVS
VP Joe Biden D-DE/Rep Jesse Jackson Jr D-IL 122 EVS
Rep Tom Cotton R/Tea Party-AR/Sen Kelly Ayotte R/TP-NH 145 EVS I-AK 145 EVS

Though a third party gave Christie and Biden a run for his money (and Cotton was within two electoral votes to be President!)... Christie won... The reason Jackson was picked as VP was because O'Malley, Warren, Gillbrand, Clinton, Schweitzer, Cuomo, Crist, even Hagel didn't accept his VP offer... Cotton, after winning the Tea Party Convention in Arlington, Virginia over Palin, Rand Paul, Santorum and Cain... The main reason that Cotton became so popular was because of his selection of popular Senator Kelly Ayotte as VP...
JRP1994

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »

This is a bad economy for a lot of people regardless of what the media tells people about their own finances. I'm thinking Christie wins everything to the right of New Jersey except Washington and Maine if you count those as to the right of New Jersey. Michigan, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Oregon are toss ups.

I'm inclined to agree, barfbag. If Christie won all the states to the right of NJ (including NJ), that would give Christie, in addition to the Romney 2012 states:

Florida (29)
Ohio (18)
Virginia (13)
Colorado (9)
Pennsylvania (20)
New Hampshire (4)
Iowa (6)
Nevada (6)
Wisconsin (10)
Minnesota (10)
Maine's 2nd Congressional District (1)
Michigan (16)
New Mexico (5)
Oregon (7)
Washington (12)
New Jersey (14)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

I'm inclined to agree, barfbag. If Christie won all the states to the right of NJ (including NJ), that would give Christie, in addition to the Romney 2012 states:

Florida (29)
Ohio (18)
Virginia (13)
Colorado (9)
Pennsylvania (20)
New Hampshire (4)
Iowa (6)
Nevada (6)
Wisconsin (10)
Minnesota (10)
Maine's 2nd Congressional District (1)
Michigan (16)
New Mexico (5)
Oregon (7)
Washington (12)
New Jersey (14)

I don't think he would win Washington, but yes. The only reason he'd win New Jersey is because of his high popularity there so I used it as an example. Maine is small enough it could slip away. We're in agreement 99% though.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »

A 2008-like election for Christie.

Christie: 374
Biden: 164

Too Biased?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

Slightly... Maybe flip MN and OR then it's a little more like a Democratic confession... so I'd say just flip OR... If you flipped all but DC, NY, MD and MA, then its a Christie pipe-dream...
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:10 AM »

Biden would get eaten like a piece of bacon.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 09:01:41 AM »

Christie/Martinez: 381
Biden/Cuomo: 157
ask_not
donavan_ed
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »

Biden would get eaten like a piece of bacon.
That's  a interesting choice of words when discussing chriss chrstie/
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:11:42 AM »

Biden/Bullock

I think Biden will win New Jersey, Sandy memories will fade and I think Biden will win narrowly.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 07:32:31 AM »

Christie: 335
Biden: 203

I'm not as optimistic as anybody else here (on either side), but I would expect a comfortable Christie win on the order of Obama 2012. While I do not think Christie would win New Jersey in a neutral matchup (like against Clinton) in a matchup like this where the Democrat is not universally liked, Christie's base of Democrats in NJ would likely hold up. And voters will likely be tired of the Obama administration, and having the old white VP run as their nominee will not exactly captivate voters. While Christie has a (very) loud mouth, Biden could possibly sink himself with a series of gaffes.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »

Christie: 335
Biden: 203

I'm not as optimistic as anybody else here (on either side), but I would expect a comfortable Christie win on the order of Obama 2012. While I do not think Christie would win New Jersey in a neutral matchup (like against Clinton) in a matchup like this where the Democrat is not universally liked, Christie's base of Democrats in NJ would likely hold up. And voters will likely be tired of the Obama administration, and having the old white VP run as their nominee will not exactly captivate voters. While Christie has a (very) loud mouth, Biden could possibly sink himself with a series of gaffes.
A map like this, I think. I doubt Christie would do better than this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies