Spamage for President HQ: Thank you.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spamage for President HQ: Thank you.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Spamage for President HQ: Thank you.  (Read 4769 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2013, 08:19:48 PM by Spamage »

Endorsements:
-Senator Elect and Former Mideast Governor Tmthforu94
-IDS Speaker and Emperor-Elect Dereich

I am here today to announce my candidacy for President in the October 2013 Election. While there’s a long road ahead, I am confident that with dynamic new ideas and hard work this campaign can be successful and bring change to Atlasia. I don’t care if you’re a Liberal, Federalist, Laborite, or a member of the Progressive Union; we all want the best for Atlasia, do we not? By using civil discussion and building off of one another’s ideas we can be successful in maintaining what needs to be maintained and reforming what needs to be reformed.

I’ll be the first to admit that there have been mistakes made by me here in my past. But I have always looked out for what was in the best interest of the people of Atlasia when making decisions. For example, I resigned after being reelected to the Senate because there was something quite urgent in my personal life and I knew I wouldn’t be able to give my 100% to Atlasia and while Governor of the Pacific during the chaos caused by the “Final Constitution” I issued an executive order which reopened government offices and got thousands of Pacificans back to work helping the region move one step forward in recovery.

I believe it’s time for Atlasia to move forward. I’ve seen partisanship rising over the last few days to levels that I believe go further than a simple disagreement on political matters. Should we allow such negativity and divisiveness to continue? The anger created by these personal attacks causes people to lose faith in the government, divides families, and doesn’t benefit in any way, all it causes is more anger and more attacks. When I ran for Senate I not only got the endorsement of the Federalists, but the TPP, Liberal Party, and Labor Party as well even though we didn’t agree on every issue 100%. I understand there are times when we must stick to what we believe instead of compromising, especially when there is an issue that deeply affects us personally, but to there is also a time for compromise. I'm in no way advocating for compromise for compromise's sake, but instead for reasonable negotiations and discussions when it comes to issues that will affect so many of us.

I am currently working on my presidential platform and will have it out soon. Atlasia today has a wide variety of issues which need to be addressed in order for this game to keep going and growing. While we may not agree on everything, or for that matter anything at all, I still encourage you to check in frequently because we either stand united or fall divided.

Thanks for being here Smiley
        Spamage

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

It's an early start to the road ahead. I have given my official word, both in private and now in public, that I would not run for President and instead complete office as Senator, but you would be a great candidate. I can't offer my endorsement this early in the race, but I do wish you luck, both in the Federalist Primary and in the General Election.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »

As a fellow Oregonian, I wish you luck in the election! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »

It's an early start to the road ahead. I have given my official word, both in private and now in public, that I would not run for President and instead complete office as Senator, but you would be a great candidate. I can't offer my endorsement this early in the race, but I do wish you luck, both in the Federalist Primary and in the General Election.

I understand

As a fellow Oregonian, I wish you luck in the election! Smiley

Thank you PJ, it means alot! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »

Well, you have my full support. Good luck! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »

Will your platform contain a pledge to be the least active Atlasian president in recent memory? Because judging from your lackluster performance as Pacific Governor (which, if I am correct, included you being recalled and then removed for being inactive), I don't think anyone could top how little attention you pay to the game.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 11:13:48 PM »

You know, I probably would still ask you out of curiosity even if you weren't running for prez, but what are your positions on social security and the minimum wage?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:38 PM »

Will your platform contain a pledge to be the least active Atlasian president in recent memory? Because judging from your lackluster performance as Pacific Governor (which, if I am correct, included you being recalled and then removed for being inactive), I don't think anyone could top how little attention you pay to the game.

The issue of me being removed from office stems from several errors in the Third Constitution. I was unable to interpret the election clause and did express my uncertainty over it with several other users. Also to call my performance as governor "lackluster" is laughable when compared to how the region was when I took office for the first time. When I arrived in the Pacific, almost a year ago today, the region was fundamentally dead. The group legislation thread hadn't been used in many months and there was not regional activity excluding gubernatorial elections. While it took several months, the Pacific Council was proposed passed and begun during my first term. Not only did the regional government exist, it also was much, much better than what had existed prior. Unemployment fell during my time in office and quite frankly the region was in a much better state then when I had first gotten the job.

Wolfentoad was elected following me and maintained the activity for the most part until the scandals struck at the end of his term. He largely disappeared and the new government went back into inactivity. Seeing this, myself and another user largely pushed for the recall of the governor at that time and were successful in recalling the Council  as well. I was elected Governor and during the first part of my term I continually pushed for legislation to be passed only to be rebuffed and told to wait until a new constitution was proposed. I accepted this and then left for a leave of absence which involved a serious personal matter I needed to take care of. Upon returning I discovered the region had been abolished and that the "Final Constitution" was in effect. Of course I was opposed to this and upon returning saw the unemployment spike up even further than it had been since I had joined Atlasia. I am not the one to blame for the shambles the region was left in. I issued an executive order which got people back to work while the council continued to act as though it had been abolished legally despite the Supreme Court having taken up the case.

The "Final Constitution" was struck down soon enough but the same people who had passed the "Final Constitution" were still in office so I opened a recall petition in order to allow the region to get a government which actually wanted to govern. Those on the council didn't want to be removed however and issued a petition to recall me shortly after. In the Pacific there are very few voters so it took only 4 or so signatures for my recall to pass, which isn't that impressive. I managed to survive the recall and some council members did while others did not.

Following the recall election activity on the council did stagnate, I'll admit it. There was little I could do however because even the speaker of the Council hadn't opened up a thread on legislation proposed and they were the only person with authority to do so. I couldn't very well recall the council again so soon and cause the region to slide back into anarchy now could I?

I already explained the factor involving me being "thrown" from office. I was intending to hold the election on the third Thursday of July due to uncertainties regarding the date.

You may call my terms as Governor lackluster but during my time I believe I've had much more of a positive affect on Atlasia then a negative one. You say I pay too little attention to the game, but you fail to look at how the Pacific, and that matter the Midwest were just a few short months ago. I certainty won't pledge to be the most inactive President. You're post above is just part of the personal attacks that I mentioned in my speech. I understand if you disagree with the fact that there's been mistakes in my past but to state, "I don't think anyone could top how little attention you pay to the game." is not only incorrect but deeply insulting. I don't even know why I responded to your post.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »

You know, I probably would still ask you out of curiosity even if you weren't running for prez, but what are your positions on social security and the minimum wage?

Ever since my first campaign for Governor I've supported raising the minimum wage. Doing so would not only help those who are often exploited and taken advantage of while on the job, but it would allow them to invest more in the economy and give everyone more benefits. While of course too much of a raise would cause inflation, I believe it still needs to be bumped up.

I am in favor of Social Security. Its an innovative idea, but will likely need to be reformed as more and more people begin to draw out of it. It not only allows us to take care of our seniors responsibly, but it also helps those who lose a loved one.

Both of these will of course be addressed further in my platform but that's the gist.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »

What is your position on Syria?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »

I believe its time we get involved before more people are killed and many more are hurt. While full military involvement is questionable in my mind we need to act instead of issuing statements and condemnations because Assad and his forces aren't stopping. While there are extremist and dangerous groups within the rebels, and they of course need to be prevented from gaining influence and power, the government has used chemical weapons and that crosses the line. Any leader willing to do that to the people they're supposed to be in charge of is no leader and needs to go.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »

I believe its time we get involved before more people are killed and many more are hurt. While full military involvement is questionable in my mind we need to act instead of issuing statements and condemnations because Assad and his forces aren't stopping. While there are extremist and dangerous groups within the rebels, and they of course need to be prevented from gaining influence and power, the government has used chemical weapons and that crosses the line. Any leader willing to do that to the people they're supposed to be in charge of is no leader and needs to go.

Would you prefer we wait until we have solid proof of Syria using chemical weapons against its citizenry, or would you intervene anyway?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:02 AM »

I fully endorse your candidacy and wish you the best of luck in your campaign.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »

First of all, I am very disappointed by Senator TNF's post in this thread. Atlasia can and should do better than this. Sad

That being said, I don't know whether there will be a Federalist primary like last time but you have my endorsement for now! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:38 AM »

First of all, I am very disappointed by Senator TNF's post in this thread. Atlasia can and should do better than this. Sad

That being said, I don't know whether there will be a Federalist primary like last time but you have my endorsement for now! Smiley

Cry me a river.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »

Atlasia should do better than questioning candidates about their prior job performance?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:32 PM »

Atlasia should do better than questioning candidates about their prior job performance?

Apparently we should blindly offer our support for chronically inactive posters in their bid to win the most important position in the game, if our friends in the Federalist Rich Man's Party is to be believed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

Maybe instead of satisfying your outlandish attacks he could speak on the role that vitriol, hatred, snobbery, and personal attacks play in discouraging people from participating in Atlasia. I, for one, could write a novel. See, activity being at a record low isn't just unlucky or coincidental. People who are treated like garbage don't generally want to re-engage in the process. We should be thankful that someone as talented as Spamage is choosing to continue the discourse and rise above the tripe—something you are unable to do now and something your president and chairman were unable to do last election.

Either way, while it may be true that the president should be able to deal with all kinds of outright crap from the likes of people like you, TNF, it is not true that this is the Atlasia on which anyone should settle. Instead of playing into the problem and calling out the "inactivity" of people who have actually given selflessly of their time to this game (Spamage just defended his record in beautiful fashion), perhaps it would be wiser to argue on the merits of their campaign. Bullying Federalists out of the game is a strategy that can only last so long.

Plus, Nix already came very close to losing an election that should have easily been his. Maybe he'll have the balls to tell you himself or maybe he won't—I don't know. But he came so close to losing—and I really believe this—because your guys went way too negative. So think carefully about how you proceed. Nix as president is no better than Nix as senator. The ship can still sink. And if it's not Nix who's running, you really aren't doing your side any favours—because no one else from your party can rival him.

So good luck with your strategy. Roll Eyes
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »

Apparently we should blindly offer our support for chronically inactive posters in their bid to win the most important position in the game, if our friends in the Federalist Rich Man's Party is to be believed.

What have I done to offend you so deeply TNF? I understand that there's going to be questions about my past, and I'm willing to answer them so long as they don't involve such hateful rhetoric which does nothing but cause further anger on the other side. I've already answered you question several posts back.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »

What have I done to offend you so deeply TNF? I understand that there's going to be questions about my past, and I'm willing to answer them so long as they don't involve such hateful rhetoric which does nothing but cause further anger on the other side. I've already answered you question several posts back.
I am really started to be turned off by all of this.  I endorse spam and I will fight so he is elected.  We all have had some time when we have been inactive, remember, we have lives outside of here and sometimes we have problems.  Take that into consideration please.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »

Lol. The Federalist Party may favor the rich, but Spamage doesn't.

Ever since my first campaign for Governor I've supported raising the minimum wage. Doing so would not only help those who are often exploited and taken advantage of while on the job, but it would allow them to invest more in the economy and give everyone more benefits. While of course too much of a raise would cause inflation, I believe it still needs to be bumped up.

I am in favor of Social Security. Its an innovative idea, but will likely need to be reformed as more and more people begin to draw out of it. It not only allows us to take care of our seniors responsibly, but it also helps those who lose a loved one.

Both of these will of course be addressed further in my platform but that's the gist.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »

I like rich people Wink
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »

Its obvious what you did; you had a different opinion than him. There is nothing deeper to his argument than that, once he saw you weren't from his party no more thought went into what he said and will continue to say for the foreseeable future.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »

Hell yeah! Whoo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies