Independents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:10:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Independents
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party would you side with?
Republicans

Democrats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Independents  (Read 1854 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:47:32 AM »

For those of you who are Independents, would you side with the Republicans or Democrats if you had to pick?
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »

Democrats if I had to pick, which I usually do when nobody outside of the two major parties runs.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »

Democrats - I flip between I and D, currently I because of the Ds on Syria, probably will flip back if we don't intervene.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Almost all the independents that I've seen on the forum are democrat-leaning, but since I didn't vote and won't vote I can't see the result.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »

Almost all the independents that I've seen on the forum are democrat-leaning, but since I didn't vote and won't vote I can't see the result.

It currently stands at 42.1% (8 votes) for Republicans and 57.9% (11 votes) for Democrats. Smiley
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »

It currently stands at 42.1% (8 votes) for Republicans and 57.9% (11 votes) for Democrats. Smiley

Interesting, I was expecting more of a 70/30 split.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »

Most independents and even some Republicans on here seem left leaning.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

Talk about it, some republicans on here I notice attack conservatives more than they attack liberals.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »

Talk about it, some republicans on here I notice attack conservatives more than they attack liberals.

They're RINOs. Before coming here I thought I was a rino. It's like they could care less what the other party does as long as they're party is losing debates. Sometimes I think they choose a blue avatar because it's usually representing Democrats.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 01:01:10 AM »

They're RINOs. Before coming here I thought I was a rino. It's like they could care less what the other party does as long as they're party is losing debates. Sometimes I think they choose a blue avatar because it's usually representing Democrats.

Possibly, or they want to mock the republicans by using the R avatar. Whats pretty unique about this forum is that democrats are more liberal than republicans are conservative. Perhaps its this way for many internet forums, but I don't know.  In the real world that is generally flipped around. Both parties are pretty equally extreme, just republicans are slightly more extreme.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »

Possibly, or they want to mock the republicans by using the R avatar. Whats pretty unique about this forum is that democrats are more liberal than republicans are conservative. Perhaps its this way for many internet forums, but I don't know.  In the real world that is generally flipped around. Both parties are pretty equally extreme, just republicans are slightly more extreme.

Yes, the Democrats here are more left wing than the Republicans are right-wing, but I wouldn't say that most Republicans here are left leaning. I mean, what's your definition of left leaning? Do I count as a left leaning Republican?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »

Honest question for the forum: Are King & Joe Republic really Republicans?

Yes, the Democrats here are more left wing than the Republicans are right-wing, but I wouldn't say that most Republicans here are left leaning. I mean, what's your definition of left leaning? Do I count as a left leaning Republican?

Socially, most of us are. Heck even a few of us could be considered fiscally left of centre by American standards.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »

No I'd say you're a moderate Republican.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »

Democrats.  I am temporarily with the I's right now on account of Syria.  I also won't rule out supporting Independents if both parties' candidates are terrible.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »

I would say the internet as a whole is left leaning, this forum being no exception. It has something to do with the type of people that frequent internet forums. The majority of people on this forum are  most likely middle class-upper middle class people living in the suburbs or an urban setting. Rarely, if ever, will you find a working class rancher on here, simply because they do not have the time or even money to do things like this. In addition, many more of us are young adults or teenagers instead of older or retired citizens, which also helps skew the forum population leftward.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »

No, I'm not saying that most republicans are left-leaning, just a select few. King and Badger seem to be good examples.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

No, I'm not saying that most republicans are left-leaning, just a select few. King and Badger seem to be good examples.

Wait, is King really a Republican? I didn't think he was...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 08:14:30 PM »

He has an R-NM avatar. Maybe he was a Democrat or Independent before but I've only been here so long.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »

Democrats. I only have an "I" avatar, as I'm not registered with either party in my country, don't give my first preference to the major centre-left party, and I felt uncomfortable having a Greens avatar.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 02:29:05 AM »

He has an R-NM avatar. Maybe he was a Democrat or Independent before but I've only been here so long.

I think King is more of a New England Republican from the mid-twentieth century from what I gather. As for Joe Republic, he doesn't post enough for me to be able to tell.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »

Probably about 50-50 between both parties overall, although I would have voted for the Democrats more in Senate races over the past 10 years or so.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies