Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:24:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Biggest HP
British National Party (UK)

Progress Party (Norway)

Freedom Party (Netherlands)

Lega Nord (Italy)

NDP (Germany)

National Front (France)

Golden Dawn (Greece)

True Finns (Finland)

Flemish Interest (Belgium)

Danish People's Party (Denmark)

Sweden Democrats (Sweden)

Jobbik (Hungary)

FPO (Austria)

SVP (Switzerland)

Australia First (Australia)

Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel)

RNU (Russia)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)  (Read 5267 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »

Why is Yisrael Beteinu the Israeli option? I can think of a couple parties that are way more repugnant and right wing.

Come to think of it, how are most of the parties options? Parties like Progress Party in Norway just aren't on the same level as Jobbik or Golden Dawn and it's a bit silly to lump all anti-immigration parties together.

I voted Golden Dawn.

The "progress party" had ties to Breivik I think.  Again Yisrael was listed because of Avigdor Lieberman's absurdity and the fact that party has influence in the Knesset.

Breivik left the party and was a lone whackjob. It's like calling Labour radical because George Galloway.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 12:37:48 AM »

Interesting results. 14 out of 17 parties (including NDP which is quite strange) received 0 votes.

Probably because its electorally irrelevant unlike the Golden Dawn.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »

None of these parties are as bad as the 'center-right' parties that actually win elections and form governments in Europe/Israel/Australia. They provide a useful 'devil' for the existing political classes of those nations, of course. That's not saying I would ever vote for one of them, but I would be far more worried about the Conservative Party winning another election in the UK than I would the BNP scrounging up enough votes to take one seat.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »

None of these parties are as bad as the 'center-right' parties that actually win elections and form governments in Europe/Israel/Australia. They provide a useful 'devil' for the existing political classes of those nations, of course. That's not saying I would ever vote for one of them, but I would be far more worried about the Conservative Party winning another election in the UK than I would the BNP scrounging up enough votes to take one seat.

What if these parties actually had good chances to win? Would you actually prefer them over the mainstream right parties? Sorry if I ask, but I've noticed a recent trend among my fellow forum leftists that worries me a bit.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »

What if these parties actually had good chances to win? Would you actually prefer them over the mainstream right parties? Sorry if I ask, but I've noticed a recent trend among my fellow forum leftists that worries me a bit.

And what would that trend be, if you don't mind me asking? As for the question, I am not sure I would bother casting a ballot if my choices were between folks who want to rob me blind and folks that want to deport all foreigners.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »

And what would that trend be, if you don't mind me asking? As for the question, I am not sure I would bother casting a ballot if my choices were between folks who want to rob me blind and folks that want to deport all foreigners.

Marokai recently said he would support Le Pen over Hollande in France's 2012 election, which made my jaw drop. We've since clarified things a bit and I think he's at least partly changed his view, but that made me wonder if other forumites politically close to me share this view.

I would say that at least in the case of Jobbik and XA, "deport all foreigners" is probably the nicest of their stances.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »

aw shucks ain't yew serch uh raaahdikuhl pawpyouleest!!!1111

Moron.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »

The responses to TNF are exactly the kind of responses I was talking about to Antonio, before. Why don't you guys throw in "lololol" and "panzergirl" in there somewhere for the full effect?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »

The trend of American left-wingers being sympathetic to the far-right on here is pretty disturbing. Do we have Beet to blame?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

Will something along the lines of 'but these people are ACTUAL NAZIS!!!!' do?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »

the Democratic Party obviously #truleftyst
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »

The responses to TNF are exactly the kind of responses I was talking about to Antonio, before. Why don't you guys throw in "lololol" and "panzergirl" in there somewhere for the full effect?

Because it's so intellectually vapid and ignorant that it isn't even worth a single effort post.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »

Hahaha.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »

The trend of American left-wingers being sympathetic to the far-right on here is pretty disturbing. Do we have Beet to blame?

I do not consider myself sympathetic of the European far-right, though if you define sympathetic as "thinking they might have even half of a point about even one part of one issue" then I guess I could be branded a fellow blackshirt.

It's more the absolute shutting the f**k down that happens anytime anyone dare consider saying anything about a far-right party other than a witty, dismissive one-liner that I can't stand. As if anytime someone wants to have a mature conversation about anything related to the European far-right they might be brainwashed and thus simply can't risk it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »

This idea of trying to engage with fascists as if they might have a point about a few things has been tried in Europe before. Didn't end very well. Makes many people less than convinced about the merits of doing so again.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

I do not consider myself sympathetic of the European far-right, though if you define sympathetic as "thinking they might have even half of a point about even one part of one issue" then I guess I could be branded a fellow blackshirt.

It's more the absolute shutting the f**k down that happens anytime anyone dare consider saying anything about a far-right party other than a witty, dismissive one-liner that I can't stand. As if anytime someone wants to have a mature conversation about anything related to the European far-right they might be brainwashed and thus simply can't risk it.

So, on what exactly do you think these fellow blackshirts have a point or two?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »

Golden Dawn most probably. On France, I would probably support Madame Le Pen over Hollande.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »

Golden Dawn most probably. On France, I would probably support Madame Le Pen over Hollande.

Yes, this is the least surprising news imaginable.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 11:45:31 PM »

In terms of electoral influence, the NPD is surely not comparable to GD, Jobbik or FN. However, they form a focal point for a militant Neo-Nazi scene that, aside from occasionally beating up non-whites that happen to be in the wrong area at the wrong time of day, has not too long ago been discovered to have posed the largest terrorist threat to Germany since the turn of the millennium.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »

I just have a hard time seeing why anyone would care if these parties have half of a point about one part of one issues, considering their otherwise absolute horribleness. What's the point in playing the devil's advocate exactly? Even if there actually was anything good in these parties' platforms (there isn't) the idea that they are morally equivalent to the neoliberal right (note that much of these "populist" parties actually have largely neoliberal positions on economic issues) is absurd. And yeah, it painfully reminds of 1930s communists.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2013, 02:59:23 PM by Patience-testing wank »

Where has TNF said he sympathised with the far-right? He said he wouldn't vote for them, and finds the prospect of a Tory win a more direct threat than the BNP gaining one seat - which I struggle to see what is disagreeable there?

It's a different matter when you've got Jobbik-like support of course, but significant and successful neoliberals are demonstrably a greater threat to workers than irrelevant and ignored fascists in most countries.

The useful devil is also true - look how often the argument that the BNP would gain seats was/is deployed to scare off people from supporting voting reform away from our two party system.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »

Hear hear! Remember these mature, non-brainwashed guys in Germany that decided the far right shouldn't be isolated? NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!

rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »

Probably Golden Dawn.

Don't forget to start with a too-cool-for-school opener, perhaps "lol yeah because ___", and to cap it all off with the ever fresh "amirite?" Season with Roll Eyes to taste.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »

I'm largely ignorant of non American political parties, but any that combine hyper nationalism with theocracy would certainly fit the bill. Even the favored class would have to live under the yoke of oppression, as they do in Iran. I would presume this sentiment would be most common in Israel, but the fringe parties in Europe can be surprising too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies